Lotus Festival 2015 (F1 demos and Red Arrows) @ Brands Hatch - from behind the fence

Name
Az
Edit My Images
No
Been a while so I thought I would throw up a few shots from a very brief visit I made today to Brands Hatch for the Lotus Festival. Was travelling by so popped in for about an hour. Timed it well as saw the F1 demos and also the Red Arrows fly over - always a treat!

Here's a few captures, all taken from publically accessible areas. Sorry if they are a bit on the large side...

#1 His and Hers Loti - as you do
Lotus_Festival_Brands_Hatch_16-08-15_AE_008.jpg

#2 Inspection
Lotus_Festival_Brands_Hatch_16-08-15_AE_019.jpg

#3 Festival fever
Lotus_Festival_Brands_Hatch_16-08-15_AE_020.jpg

#4 Fence lol (this was during the demo - clearly pushing quite hard!!)
Lotus_Festival_Brands_Hatch_16-08-15_AE_035.jpg

#5 Was happy with this one - taken from over the top of the fences at Clearways!
Lotus_Festival_Brands_Hatch_16-08-15_AE_037.jpg

#6 Awesome to see these guys!
Lotus_Festival_Brands_Hatch_16-08-15_AE_047.jpg

Cheers for looking. Sorry not much variety was only there for literally an hour so was quite casual with the camera. Appreciate any comments / crit though as ever.

cheers
Az

P.S few more here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/16-08-2015-lotus-festival-brands-hatch-photos/

Very nice set, all well considered, well composed, & interesting. #2 gets to me most- it reflects the nostalgia of this type of event, the opportunity to reflect on past times and cars one has owned and regrets having parted with. I had a good friend who had one of these Lotus Cortinas in the mid '60s, and with their fierce clutches & powerful engines, keeping it pointing forward & under a degree of control on the cobbled & frequently damp streets of Edinburgh, meant there was never a dull moment:LOL:

Outstanding set as I would expect sire.

#2 is a great 'moment' but top spot has to be #5,, it's no wonder you're happy with it

.DAVID.

Dislike the giant AE in every image :mad:

Like #5 Az, but #2 really captures the moment, I can just imagine what he's thinking.

Cheers. I definitely should do more "people" type shots, I tend to focus more on the on-track action.

F1.2 - yeh I know it's a bit distracting. Have to do it these days I'm afraid - I used to post un-watermarked on the forum but people were saving my shots and using them on websites and even saw a shot printed onto a promo flyer/poster and not even crediting me. Had to do something, I don't think it totally spoils the shot but it's definitely more noticeable on some shots than others. cheers

Back