loughrigg fell stile overlooking Windermere

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up for anyone planning on giving this location a try - the wooden stile has been removed and replaced with a set of steps built into the wall. Not as photogenic unfortunately :(

Dave.

Just so you know, it was removed months ago:p

Bit of a shame really because I posted an image and asked where it was and someone said the stile had gone.......I was looking forward in heading over there :(

Despite living quite local i've not ventured into the Lake district much since March, on the odd occasion i did what i've noticed is that so many handy little parking spots now have huge logs or rocks blocking them meaning your going to struggle parking when we are allowed back out again, so for those who like to get there early to get their favourite parking spot, it might not be there anymore.

I know they have been strict on moving overnight campervans on - so the blocked parking spots may be to do with that. I normally try to recce a locations parking before actually getting up early and finding a problem. It also pays to have alternate locations and get up even earlier to allow plans to change.

Back