Critique Louise

I like them, prefer number two and would like to see that in black and white. Would benefit from a rim light just to give separation from black on black.

No.2 is far stronger in my view - the eye contact and sense of attitude makes a real connection with the viewer. I think it's a great picture.

Thanks guys! going to have to keep taking photos with no rim light though :p the beauty dish works best with two speedlights and I haven't got another.

Number 2 without doubt for me. Defo one I would be proud of & a very fine looking young lady.

I love No 1, but for me I feel the skin whites may benefit for a little toning down? , just a thought

Geoff

I love No 1, but for me I feel the skin whites may benefit for a little toning down? , just a thought

Geoff

My first version of this image was a bit more toned down, but i changed it after - I have changed it back now :) so the first post reflects your suggestion.

Thanks for the reply Dan. As for the portraits, the first one still has all the elements I look for in any picture, the look on her face is full of suspense and mystery and makes me want to know more about whats going on behind those eyes and in her mind. I feel as the years go by this is the one that will stand the test of time and will always be fresh, it really is timeless.

Geoff

Thanks for the reply Dan. As for the portraits, the first one still has all the elements I look for in any picture, the look on her face is full of suspense and mystery and makes me want to know more about whats going on behind those eyes and in her mind. I feel as the years go by this is the one that will stand the test of time and will always be fresh, it really is timeless.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

It was kind of inspired by David Bailey.. I told Louise to look 'Vacant'.. no no like a model would. I think we got there in the end :)

Thanks Manda

I guess it's a lot easier to flatter your wife during a photoshoot :)

Number four for me as it radiates a 'nice' person with such a lovely smile & your wife - wow you lucky man :)

Edit as I quoted the wrong number meant to say four but said two :oops: :$

Last edited:
I don't usually print my photos, but I think I might like to print some of these - though Louise doesn't agree with being on the wall :)

Number two for me as it radiates a 'nice' person with such a lovely smile & your wife - wow you lucky man :)

Louise - square
by dancook1982, on Flickr

Last edited:
My choice are numbers 6 & 7 but I also like the craziness of number 11 - is this latter one the real her - eeek :eek:

My choice are numbers 6 & 7 but I also like the craziness of number 11 - is this latter one the real her - eeek :eek:

I had plenty of funny faces pulled :) .... give me "Vacant" ..not "Zombie" ...

Or if I asked her to tilt her head back and it was uncomfortable she gurned dramatically :) !!! ...

One more.. a little different.

Louise
by dancook1982, on Flickr

Last edited:
It might be me, (or alternatively it could be real life, in which case I apologise if this is out-of-order), but in all the shots apart from the first two, I get the impression that the lady is looking over my right shoulder, rather than straight at me.

It might be me, (or alternatively it could be real life, in which case I apologise if this is out-of-order), but in all the shots apart from the first two, I get the impression that the lady is looking over my right shoulder, rather than straight at me.

oh really? 8,9,10,11 for sure - not direct at camera, but the rest seemed to be at the camera..hmm

It could very well be me.
Something is going on with my 'puter too. I didn't have any of those posts from 11:24 onwards until just now!

I couldn't see 6 (or higher) 'til just now. 12 looks good.

It is probably just me

Back