lovely evening for it

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
A few of my better shots from last night
I have been spending a bit of time down the beach trying to capture a certain shot im after of herons feeding in the gullies. Not managed it as yet, partly down to the amount of walkers cyclists etc scaring the crap out of them :(

In the meantime ive been geting some really nice sunsets :)

Im still getting used to using my camera and was wondering if anyone can tell me how i can possibly sharpen the water during the shot...

Im not one for altering my pics on the pc tbh other than cropping

please feel free to pass comment.....im on a big learning curve at the moment and any thoughts may be usefull :)

A.
A6.jpg

B.
B8.jpg

C.
C5.jpg

Last edited:
they are very good, nice colours especially the last two.

the guys crabbing scared a heron off that i was biding my time with....was gutted at first.... then saw the effect they had on the shot through the viewfinder :) and just had to rattle a few shots off....any ideas how i could have improved the definition on the ripple ??

Last edited:
sorry cant help on that one, I really dont know why you havent more comments!

Good set, nice tones you have caught.

nice series :)

Exif is in these shots. Your problem is the low light. To get better sharpness with a landscape you need a smaller aperture like f8, f11 or even f16 (yours are f5.6). To stop waves and people moving you need a reasonable shutter speed. To keep noise down you need a lowish iso. So it boils down to a juggling act with you deciding what is important. If you have a tripod and are not worried about people moving then close the aperture down and let the shutter speed be slower.... push the iso up to 400 or 800 if need be.... just keep experimenting :)

Back