Low cost VPN to access PC remotely

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have used a few pieces of software over the years but they have all disappeared from Free.

I want to access my Windows 11 PC/Server which is on 24/7 at the Ranch from the road.

Windows built in VPN seems so flaky I have also given up on that?
ideas, don't mind a small subscription fee

Do you have a NAS at home?

no, i use a 24/7 on PC actually a HP low power terminal running W11 which stores all my data and has cloud backup it sits inside my network.

You could look into zerotier, which is something on my list of stuff to experiment with. I run an openvpn server in a debian virtual machine at home and use the openvpn client on my windows laptop for remote access

You could look into zerotier, which is something on my list of stuff to experiment with. I run an openvpn server in a debian virtual machine at home and use the openvpn client on my windows laptop for remote access

I did use a windows server a while ago running in hyper-v on the same pc to use as a vpn server (same as you but different os) and it worked but i had issues on hotel wifi just not being happy, i am back using teamviewer now for a while as that seems to work

Back