LOW LEVEL SCOTLAND

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Morning all,

my first photo post here on Talk Photography. Have plenty to be posting, but thought I will start with some low level aviation. Some may be suprised to see such a posting outside Wales!!!

Have been doing this low level lark for a long time now and rarely venture outside Scotland to do so!

So after over five years you can imagine I have a fair amount of pictures not that you would go by todays low level traffic....

Things are alot quieter than even a couple of years ago and I have spent some marvelous days with great company and of course much quieter days with only my own company....either way its worthwhile just to get some exercise!

Anyway, in no particular order from various locations around Scotland;

zg505logo.jpg

lowlevelandysheppard037.jpg

lowlevelandysheppard038.jpg

anet048moffat8thcopylogo.jpg

za372moffat081009logo.jpg

lowlevelandysheppard041.jpg

22, 24 and 39 are absolutely stunning, i mean incredible, 22 in particular. i'm assuming these are north of Edinburgh, lossiemouth based aircraft. had a frind living in elgin and always saw stuff when we were up there, just never used a camera when i was there!

Charlie

Great series of shots - thanks for sharing. I have to agree with the others - 22 really has something :clap:

Nobody complaining about tight crops? , supprise supprise!

Anyway i like them all personally , tight crops never bothered me just strange that nobody mentioned it. 22 is my favourite though , it reminds me of a computer game falcon i think

22 is great - the rest - well not for me - I'm not that interested in aircraft - and they all look the same. Very competent work though.

22 is amazing. It looks like you shot it from a trailing aircraft. Really is good.

Afternoon all,

Blooming heck, wasn't expecting such a response from a non dedicated forum. WOW! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

So 22 it is then.......Funilly its no.21 that has done me proud in the past.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Andy

Great to see some pics of the Jags, wish I'd got into this years ago! :crying:

22 is certainly one of the best low flying shots I've ever seen, absolutely outstanding! :love: :clap: :clap: :clap:

26 looks like it could have been shot from Cad West! :LOL:

where ya been SHAR !!!! , some absoloute crackers there :clap: , the only ones i am not keen on are the ones over water , too much of a blue cast , should be sortable though :)

as someone who is interested in aircraft & therefore to whom they do not all look the same ;) - a tremendous variety of great shots (y)
I don't think that many people realise quite what is involved.
keep it up. :)

Hi Andy,

Great shots.
Is No 34 a US special forces MC130?

I AGREE WITH 350WEDGE No 22 IS THE BEST BUT THEY ARE ALL BRILLIANT I CANT GET ROUND HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO HAVE THIS SO CLOSE TO YOU.

21 for the contrast, the shot of the aircraft over the water is great.

22 for the perspective, and its winter shot, wonderful.

27 I love chinooks, and i like the loadmaster waving at you form the door.

Keep em coming.

I'd love to have a go at this. What sort of locations do you go to? Some of them look a bit west highlandish. How predictable are the planes up here?

Oh and another vote for 22, easily my fave!

40 fantastic images, must have taken a lot of skill and patience to get that lot but it has definitely been worth it!

love the shots... and wanted to say congrats...
like others - 22 works for me the best
(i guess its because I'm not an aircraft enthusiast - so it holds more interest for me and is a great angle)
Also like 3 for the angle you got - but not the best background to make it as much of a stunner as 22

Morning,

Thanks all again for the comments. I appreciate the feedback.

Is No 34 a US special forces MC130?
Arclight, it is indeed. This particular one at the time was based at Mildenhall. A rare sight north of the Border.

Chamelon, Most of them are taken in the Scottish Borders area. The Highlands have a few good spots but it is so vast you have to do a little footwork in most cases.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Andy

+999 for number 22. The others are good, but that is just, WOW!

Stunning shots! Really superb. Must visit my parents more often; they live on the Shropshire/Welsh border and there are loads of low level aircraft buzzing around.

Thanks for sharing! (y)

Hi Andy.

All terrific mate, thanks for sharing :clap::clap::clap:.

Back