Lowepro Fastpack 200

Name
Christopher
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,
First off, I would like to bring this to the attention of the mods as the review section is closed for new posts - and there was a note saying to post elsewhere and the mods will move it - thanks in advance mods (y)

Ok, well today, I went shopping and one of the things on my list was the Lowepro Fastpack 200. I have the Slingshot 100 but find it too small now, as well as a bit uncomfortable on the shoulders.

Anyway, I weighed it up in the shop and decided to buy it, which fits in nicely before my trip to Cornwall later this week :)

I thought I would post some pics so others can see some views the usual advertising pics miss out.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics as they were taken on a cheap, rubbish camera.

Ok - 1st pic is the front of the bag

DSCF1213.jpg

2nd is the left side (looking at the bag)

DSCF1214.jpg

3rd is the rear of the bag

DSCF1215.jpg

4th is the lower front pocket

DSCF1216.jpg

5th is the camera compartment - i have put in 2 lenses and my Olympus E500 with a 135-400mm lens attached for a sense of scale. The camera and lens fit in very well with about 1.5 inches to spare.

DSCF1217.jpg

6th is the top pocket - very roomy

DSCF1218.jpg

and 7th is the top pocket with my hand, for scale. My hand is a fairly large hand too and there is loads of space to spare.

DSCF1219.jpg

My first impressions of this bag are very good - although I would prefer it with an all weather cover but then again, I never go out when it's raining :LOL:

Hope this review is ok and if anyone has any questions they would like to know, then please ask and I'll see if I can answer

Currently avalible free with a subscription to photoplus mag (a canon mag) for £9.99 per quarter.

Currently avalible free with a subscription to photoplus mag (a canon mag) for £9.99 per quarter.

Now that sounds like a good deal, even if you have no interest in the mag :D

I can also recommend the Fastpack 250 that has a laptop sleeve between the pockets and your back, this will take a 15" laptop. Been very happy with mine.

And you can get a cheap (about £5) waterproof cover from ebay to get the AW option.

And you can get a cheap (about £5) waterproof cover from ebay to get the AW option.

Thanks for that, that will be most useful!
I'll have a look but if you could pm me details of this cover I would be most grateful (y)

Just signed up - and it's only £3 for the first 3 issues (y)

BellyBoy, on the LowePro website it says:

Side-entry compartments let you quickly grab equipment and accessories, even while you’re on the move.

which suggests that you can get your camera out whilst the bag is still on your back but, looking at the pics, it looks as though there would be a very good chance of dropping the camera - or it falling out when you open the bag - whilst reaching round for it. What do you think?

Just signed up - and it's only £3 for the first 3 issues (y)

I can't find any mention of the bag being free with a subscription on their website.
Do you have the url handy?

Back