Lowepro flipside 300 ??

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
I'm after another bag that will go on a flight as hand luggage without any hassle, I have found this lowepro flipside 300 and was hoping somebody could advise me if it suitable.
I need it to carry my d300 with 300mm af-s f4 attached preferably with a 1.4 tc. If possible a d80 with 80-200 attached but I can carry the body seperately if required and a 18-70 aswell. I have found a cracking deal on one, but don't want any hassle at check in regards size.

Dean

well its states a 300f/2.8 with a pro body so i think you will be okay. its has a removable pouch inside the main area so i think there is plenty for your needs. The bag is within airport size regulations Just dont strap a tripod to it.

Go down to your local camera shop with your kit and try one out, that way you will know for sure.

well its states a 300f/2.8 with a pro body so i think you will be okay. its has a removable pouch inside the main area so i think there is plenty for your needs. The bag is within airport size regulations Just dont strap a tripod to it.

Go down to your local camera shop with your kit and try one out, that way you will know for sure.

Thanks for the feedback, I went down to Pc world yesterday, the size looks spot on and its got enough space to squeeze both set ups in !! Its also a very clean design so it doesn't look bulky at all. Price in Pc world £90:wacky:
I have ordered one from Amazon delivered for £39:D.
It also has that nifty rear access so no need to worry about somebidy having the zips down whilst its on your back !!

Dean

I have this bag and have to say its a great bag. For the size you can carry a lot in it. In mine at the moment I have.

D300 with Battery Grip
70-200mm f2.8 VR
17-55mm f2.8
50mm 1.4 AFS
SB-800 Flash
Wireless remote
Cokin Filter system with 3 ND grads
Blower & a few little other bits and bobs.
Silk Tripod that's attached to the back.

I got this for a trip to Paris and when I got back carried on using it. (y)

I have one too. its a really good bag as long as you don't mind not being able to get at your stuff that quickly... otherwise, I pretty much keep everything I have in there 100% of the time bar a few lenses.

It'll take 2 zoom, one long prime and a couple of small primes along with a flash and any other misc bits you need while being secure as it can't be opened by anyone while you're wearing it.

I tried a few bags before I kept this one, even a crumpler (which looked lovely... but was crap!)

it is going to be my next bag, it does tick all my boxes.
if you have a look at the video on the lowpro website you can sling it round on its waist band to get at stuff on the move. and provides a good platform for changing lenses too.

please let me see a pic of the body and the 80-200 as the main body/lens combo so i can get an i deal of size.

please let me see a pic of the body and the 80-200 as the main body/lens combo so i can get an i deal of size.

I'll load it in when it gets here and let you know !! I'm only down the road in Chesterfield so if you ever pass by let me know if you wanted to try your gear in it.

Dean

Back