Lowepro Slingshot

Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a comfortable, easy access bag to carry two OM bodies with standard and wide angle lenses attached, plus room for a 70-150mm zoom and other small odds and ends. (One of the cameras has a winder attached also).

I've come across the Slingshot series and wondered if ome of these would be suitable. Any film camera uswes own one?

Thanks,
Al

Edit: The Fastpack also looks good with the 'advantage?' of spreading weight over two shoulders instead of one.

Last edited:
The Fastpack is nice for one body, but I'm not sure about how you'd arrange the inserts to have two bodies plus a spare lens. I use one as a daybag about town as the upper compartment is handy for butties, etc.

But I prefer the ProRunner for carting a wider selection of gear. It doesn't have a fast-access point like the Fastpack, but there's only a few seconds in the time it takes to get the camera out. The internal space is larger and it should be straightforward to fit in two SLR bodies with len attached, plus a couple more lenses and odds'n'ends.

The only thing about camera bags I am certsin on, is that one is never enough. I have three backpacks (Lowepro), three small shoulder bags (Aldi), a hardcase (Maplin), belt holster SLR pouch (Lowepro), etc. and I still struggle to pick out the one that's right for a given occasion or trip :D

I've got a cheap (but very good quality for price) Jessops Trek 2 which I find OK apart from the fact that
I need to take it off and put it down to get at a camera. Quite like the idea of less faffing around and, at my age, any way to reduce exertion is a plus :)

You are right though - one bag isn't enough!

Al

after weeks & weeks of looking at youtube reviews i decided to get the slingshot 202 AW but now ive got it im not so sure i like it...

when its empty its fine on my back.. but with just my camera (600d) kit lens & 55-250 lens in the bag with the weight its wanting to pull down my back all the time & the thick strap & bag ends up half way down my back & not where it should be or where it shows you on the photos online..

might just be me not using it right...

i wanted the fastpack with the two shoulder straps but they dont come as AW version like the sligshot so opted for that one instead...

also my 600D with the kit lens looked a little lost in the bag & there was no support for it to the bottom of the bag so ive put some extra sponge in there so its not resting in midair whilst on my back (see attached pic)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7449303/2012-03-02 11.28.54.jpg - image broken to a link - feel free to swap for a compliant image (1024px max)

Thanks very much. The photo is very useful - I'm pretty sure my kit would be lost in there :)

Al

Got a couple of Sling type bags for sale on the classifieds, 102AW and the much larger Classified 220AW, this isn't a sales pitch, but there are links to the manufacturers websites which might help.

Try using the strap that keeps it stabe across your body, might help a bit or alternatively sell and buy a rucksack type with good padded straps and waist band like the Flipside 400AW

I have been thinking about a Slingshot 202 for a while now - they look nice bags but your experience makes me wonder whether the Fastpack type bag might be better

I have been thinking about a Slingshot 202 for a while now - they look nice bags but your experience makes me wonder whether the Fastpack type bag might be better

That's my thinking at the moment too.

Al

Curiously enough, I too have been researching bags this past couple of days and have came down to either the 202aw sling or the 250 fastpack. Then when you go on Amazon at the moment just to confuse you further the fastpack 350 is selling for £9 cheaper than the 250 !!!

202aw Sling.... £43.15
250 fastpack... £49.91
350 fastpack... £40.13 :thinking:

Then when you go on Amazon at the moment just to confuse you further the fastpack 350 is selling for £9 cheaper than the 250 !!!

202aw Sling.... £43.15
250 fastpack... £49.91
350 fastpack... £40.13 :thinking:

I was thinking same thing... but like anything else out there if its not selling they will try get shut of it somehow.. thats prob why the 350 is cheaper.. prob its way too big & no ones buying it.. (just my opin)

Back