Review Lowepro Street & Field

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been using a shoulder bag for some time now, while I love it, and its great for some thing's, it just wasn't fast enough for wedding photography (for me anyway) and was uncomfortable for 10-15hours use. I was toying with the idea of getting a belt set-up for ages, but was slightly put off by the perception people had of them. Lets face it there about as cool as star trek. But I said sod it a few days ago and decided to give it a go.

I measured the length and diameter of all my gear and used the inside dimensions of each case to decide which I needed. I'm glad I didn't wing it as everything fits perfectly and I didn't have to send anything back. Anyway enough talking here's the photos:

Front & Back view, fully loaded.
lsf1.jpg
lsf2.jpg

Close up of the belt loops / Belt is secured by one large clip.
lsf3.jpg
lsf6.jpg

This is the back of one of the cases and is the slip-lock method of how you attach the cases/pouches to the belt. Its double Velcro and I really can't see it coming undone. Its VERY good Velcro.
lsf4.jpg
lsf5.jpg

These are to show the two designs, Pouch on the left, Lens case on the right.
lsf7.jpg
lsf8.jpg

Last edited:
These are to give you a rough idea of how large the models are and what they hold....
The top inside of the lens case's have an elasticated netted area, great for storing lens specific filters or lens caps.
When in use I will have front and rear lens caps removed to speed lens changes up.

Left: Lens Case 3 - 70-200mm or 24-70mm ..........Right: Lens Case 1W - 10-20mm
lsf9.jpg
lsf10.jpg

Left: Lens Case 1 - 50mm ............ Right: Pouch 30 - Sb600, fibre cloth & SC-28 flash sync cord
lsf11.jpg
lsf12.jpg

I don't have a photo of the Pouch 10 for some reason, might add one later if I remember. Its very small and I use it for all my accessories, SD cards, remote flash, tripod mount, stuff like that.

From my brief play its unbelievable comfortable. I can hardly feel the weight, and the speed you can get things is great. I'll be using it for the first time in a few days on a long shoot so it will be an excellent test, I'll report back then!

Last edited:
I use this set up and find it really comfortable.

I got all my stuff from Ffords in their used section. It is all new / demo. Most of which is unopened.

If you need any more pouches, etc, have a look on their website. I have had great service from them and all at half price.

Chris :)

Just noticed the belt that you are using. I use the wider one which is more supportive of my back and very padded.

I use this set up and find it really comfortable.

I got all my stuff from Ffords in their used section. It is all new / demo. Most of which is unopened.

If you need any more pouches, etc, have a look on their website. I have had great service from them and all at half price.

Thanks for the heads up on Ffords, have been on their site before but didn't think to look for lowepro stuff. Just ordered a S & F deluxe belt at a great price. I already have 2 lens cases to fit the belt and a thinktank digital holster which should also fit as they use a similar system.:woot:

Thanks for the heads up on Ffords, have been on their site before but didn't think to look for lowepro stuff. Just ordered a S & F deluxe belt at a great price. I already have 2 lens cases to fit the belt and a thinktank digital holster which should also fit as they use a similar system.:woot:

No problem. That is the belt I use (S & F Deluxe). Very comfortable and supportive of the lower back. It can also be used with the shoulder harness if needed.

The stock at Ffords seems to be getting a little low. They used to have loads of gear there. All my lens cases, etc have been bought there for roughly half price so I have been happy with them. (y)

Having just brought the Sigma 150-500 which is heavy I'd be concerned about having that around my waist! I'm not exactly Mr Universe!

I second what Blue Moon said. A shoulder harness would transfer some of the weight to, well, your shoulders, and would certainly help alleviate fatigue in your lower back.

Well i've used this several times now and still have the same opinion. It really is excellent. Not had a problem with weight (80-200 weighs 1550g on its own) and i've never not felt it comfortable.

The best thing about it, and makes the expensive price tag worth it, is the accessibility and speed you can change lens or grab something. I shoot almost all prime now, so the speed i can change my lens is very important to me (we are talking 5-6 seconds without having to sit down or take anything off).

There is one disadvantage though, and its door ways :p You basically can't walk through them (with my setup) without walking sideways, and it can get very annoying if there's a busy crowd.

Apart from that i highly recommend it. :)

v interesting, I was looking at the think tank one asmy airport acceleration is v well thought out, but I have one of these already for my nifty.............

Back