LP-E6 Batteries for Canon 5D MK3

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I need to get some new batteries for my camera (as above) What I would like to ask is the following -

1. Do you use 3rd party batteries and if so which brands/where from?
2. Have you ever had problems using 3rd party batteries?
3. Does anyone soley use just manufacturer batteries?

I have usually in the past with previous cameras gone for a mixture. I can't remember where I got my last 3 3rd party ones but they aren't much older than 1.5 yrs and all 3 now refuse to charge properly thus rendering them useless. That leaves me with only my original Canon battery that came with my camera hence the need to get some new ones.

I have seen so far on Amazon some Expro ones, seem ok, say they charge in the Canon charger and are £10 each, also some Duracell ones also on Amazon for around £20 each and the proper Canon ones seem to be £60 each.

Would love to hear what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance.

I have 3 of these batteries, all genuine Canon and the two oldest ones, about 3 years old both now have only one red bar. I refuse to believe that they are either old enough or that I have cycled them enough times to have worn them out.

I have therefore decided to go with a replacement battery from 7dayshop which seems to be working ok and has a serial number the camera recognises. I haven't tried a second one to see if they all have the same serial, would be interested to hear from anyone else who has bought one

7 Day Shop code SKU - DB105LPE6

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7...p-e6-digital-camera-battery-1600mah-DB105LPE6

HTH

David

Opps - must type faster!

Last edited:
I have one genuine and four third party LP-E6 batteries, two pairs both bought from random cheap suppliers on ebay.

The first pair were not fully decoded, so that when I put them in it complains they are not regular batteries, but it is just a matter of selecting 'yes' to use the battery and all is good. The next pair are perfectly decoded.

But all four batteries which I've had since 2013 are still working perfectly fine, as is the original Canon battery, with almost daily use. In fact, I'm surprised they are all still working so well.

Just have 2 genuine Canon batteries presently. Have used aftermarket batteries previously - Energiser and Duracell come to mind with no issues at all. I even got a Jessops branded battery years ago thrown in as part of a deal and no issues with it at all...

Thanks very much everyone for the feedback! Much appreciated. Will get some new batteries ordered in the next few days I think.

We've bought about a dozen or so over the last 2 years from various places, all after market, no problems at all.

i have 2 7dayshop ones and a genuine canon. whilst the 7dayshop batteries are fine, they don't have the capacity of the canon. on average, i get 500-600 shots out of the compatibles but 900-1000 from the canon.

Just ordered a couple of the twin packs from 7 Day Shop along with one of their twin chargers. That should see me right for a while providing they all work as hoped/intended.

And a little bonus I just found out the other 3x batteries that have stopped working/charging are within their 2 year warranty period so have just applied for replacements for them, only to be given the option of refund only so hopefully that will go through and a bit of good luck :)

Back