LR 4 or PSE 10

What kind of editing do you use the software for mostly? Lr4 has excellent organisational capabilities and a very nice UI for ACR with some very clever localized adjustment capabilities, where elements doesn't have anything like the cataloging and straight forward workflow abilities but will have similar editing capabilities to PSE9.

If you frequently do thing that can only be done with layers, then PSE10 is the obvious choice as lightroom doesn't support layers at all. But with Lr4 you could always process the raw file then export a tiff to edit in PSE9 when you find you need the extra capabilities.

Last edited:
Exactly what Adam has said, but I would add that I do 95% of my processing entirely within LR4 and rsort to Elements only when I need layers.

Elements 11 is lightly to be out in the next few months (I'd guess Sept) so it's lightly that there won't be many more updates for v10, LR4 has a newer process but also need more spec and windows vista/7 to run.

Agree, LR4 needs a top spec computer unless you don't mind waiting few sec to load the photo..it's a great tool an most of my work is done in LR but for you PSE might be a better option, but on the other hand I think LR ii easier to use :)

Thank's for that.

From what's been said it sounds like LR4 is not for me.

I may wait for PSE 11 or see how cheap 10 gets.

Olympus PP suite is called Viewer 2, it copes with OM-D RAW files but I just can't get on with it after PSE 10.

Back