LTT in the afternoon sun ...

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
This is just as shot, in that beautiful, golden late afternoon sunlight that I forgot existed.
Although Im quite pleased with the shot, Im not sure if the light doesnt look a little too golden & perhaps needs toning down?

LTT_websize_1.jpg

Gorgeous. (y)
Definately leave the warm tone.It makes the shot stand out from the norm for me.

brill

Bingo! But you finally go and do it then post it soft! :wacky:

Good capture Glo. I like the light actually, but I've desaturated just a bit and sharpened. :clap:

GlosLTT.jpg

Beautiful capture, looks as though it's enjoying the last warm bit of heat from the sun.

Thanks for the comments peeps (y)
Love the edit CT ... actually Im amazed how soft my image looks myself, perhaps I posted an unsharpened version :thinking:
Look out for the next one ... Ill no doubt go too far the other way :LOL:

:p: Quite a few LTT shots appearing, but still no sign of any here. :( They have to be high on my list of favourite birds.:love:

Stunning.... and you have lived up to your name there, Glo!!! (y)

Thanks again peeps (y)

Joe, I dont know whats going on. Im using the same sharpening technique (along with any other actions) that I always have, and yet Ive just saved 3 different versions of the same image and two saved 'soft'.
My other actions were recorded... just not my sharpening it seems. :thinking:
Also, the images are sometimes saving as files and not images, and its taking me a couple attempts to get the image to save in Jpeg.
Im a bit flumoxed and getting slighty narked with it! :bang:

This is another image (wasnt going to post due to lack of legs, lol!) its taken several attempts to get this to save sharp/jpeg.
Any ideas anyone?

Birds08LTT3.jpg

Better Glo but still just short of sharp. Yoiu want to be looking at getting the eye really sharp and sharp feather detail in the surrounding feathers. You don't have a lot of DOF to work with here, so I suspect you managed to get pretty close. :D

LTT2.jpg

I never use actions for processing, as each image needs individual treatment. Mind you it's easy for me to say that as by the time I've deleted the dross, I don't have many images to deal with usually.

Certainly though, I don't think an action for sharpening with images which need as much individual consideration as these tiny birds is a good idea.

He! he! Sorry CT, I dont explain myself very well, shouldnt have used the word 'actions' my baaad!
What I meant by action, is each individual 'stage' of processing that I do (Havent actually used 'actions' yet).

Tbh, all I did to the above image was crop (pretty heftily,)
Select & sharpen the LTT in individual increments and soften the bg.

Right, I have yet another Robin shot Im going to work on.
My intention now is to post it so sharp ... you could cut yourself just looking at it ... but dont hold your breath on that! :LOL:

LOL. Just keep using USM until it looks overdone - watch for halos etc and then undo the last step. What's the worse that can happen - someone will say you've over-sharpened? :D

Nice to see you getting some results!! (y)

Thanks CT... I always think of you when I get my USM tool out ;)
I do remember your mantra 'when it looks like youve gone too far, take a step back' but I guess I must still be playing too safe at the moment.
Look out for my misfocused Robin shot coming up shortly.
Yes the focus is in the wrong place ... but boy are those chest feathers going to be sharp! :LOL:

Seriously, people are terrified of over-sharpening, but nothing looks worse than a soft image. Think about all the dosh you paid out for that 70-200 2.8L IS. ;)

I know, I know ... and thats whats so frustrating.

Think I might try uninstalling CS2 and then reinstall.
At the moment it keeps refusing to sharpen saying that 'not enough pixels are selected'.
So Ill try a few other tools, come back, select exactly the same area, and voila, I can sharpen! :bang:
Something is definately wrong somewhere, but what is it they say, a bad workman always blames his tools! :D

Weird! I don't use CS2 much, but look out for things likes masks you've forgotten about with invisible marquees, and unflattened layers... easily done.

Back