Lucinda Rhodes-Flaherty

Name
Marac Andrzej Kolodzinski
Edit My Images
No
Had the pleasure of working with Lucinda, she wanted something 'different' for her portfolio.

429605_121558574695280_1118285297_n.jpg

549959_121463728038098_1688933357_n.jpg

Those are fantastic, the finishing is awesome. Care to share what sort of processing you put these through?

Processing was simple, Lightroom, slight adjust to colour and dropped highlights a tad, Photoshop, brighten eyes, softened skin tone using selection and Gaussian blur some dodge and burning on the fabric.

Thanks for the comments.

The lighting is a single Profoto D1 air with a dish. Good lighting really helps. Nikon D800 with the 85mm f1.4D

Excellent! love them both, but prefer the crop in No2.

Thanks for the comment, the only thing that bugs me about number 2 is the catchlights are too central in the eye.. Am I being extremely fussy? I guess it is down to personal taste at the end of the day.

Fantastic work!,,,,,

Both good, but the second is just beautiful.

Thank you for the feedback, nice to know what people enjoy about an image.

Both are great, strong images that make me want to keep looking, very well done.

Of cause having such a beautiful model is quite handy too.

Thanks for the input. To show you how mad I am, I have just sold the lens that took these pics (Nikon 85mm f1.4D) in favour of the Carl Zeiss 85mm f1.4 ZF, I honestly hope I made the right decision..

Fabulous. Like the pose and crop of second but prefer the skin tones/texture/pores on the first.
Take my comments with a pinch of salt, going back a year I didnt have a clue what I was looking at never mind having the audacity to comment.

Yes that lighting is awesome.
Wish I could do it.

Gaz

Two very nice images though I find the catch light in "her" left eye on pic 2 a little bright. Possibly just me.

Great tonality and colours though.

Two very nice images though I find the catch light in "her" left eye on pic 2 a little bright. Possibly just me.

Great tonality and colours though.

Exactly, and I find it too central also, like the pic but that bugs me a bit. it is also bright yeh but not a lot I could do it is a blown area so nothing to recover

Hi Marac,
I love the lighting, pose and crop of the first picture, but I would like to see the same ammount of skin softening applied to the first picture as there is in the second.
Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, yes you are correct, I just wanted one a bit more gritty.

Small world, one of my friends is/was a good friend of hers, I think I met her about 7-8 years ago.

Small world, one of my friends is/was a good friend of hers, I think I met her about 7-8 years ago.

She's a lovely woman. She is in a film that I am shooting and asked if I could do some Photos for her that were 'different' from what she usually does.

I just hope she liked them :)

Back