Lucy & Calum Wedding

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok those that have come across me before know I normally stay fairly clear of people shots. However my much younger sister got married on Saturday and although I refused right at the beginning to be her photograher I did end up taking quite a few anyway.:)

Actually it cost me a fortune as I felt I had to buy more memory, spare battery and flash gun just in case.

It was nice to be able to not worry about whether I was going to be able to do them justice and that I wasn't the main photographer. :LOL:

Andrea

Hi Carl

Thanks for the feedback, interestingly no. 1 looks softer on here via photobucket than on flickr, even though its the same image :shrug: I do agree its not quite as sharp as it could have been though.:)
Interstingly its Lucy's favourite.

Andrea

Last photos the pick of the bunch, nice tight portrait, would have benefited from a wider aperture and slightly better expressions is my only critique.

1. Is soft, especially considering its been shot at F16, possibly a bit of motion blur because of the relatively slow shutter speed used.

2. Tad underexposed and the cars a bit distracting in the background.

3. With cars in a photo its a good idea to show the wheels or they look a bit weird.

4. Underexposed.

Was there a reason for using the small apertures on most of these?

Hi Nick

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try and answer as best I can. With regards last comment, I was literally thrown in the deep end and have little to no experience of flash guns so was playing in the dark a bit so settings may have been completely screwed up.

2. Car in background wasn't as distracting as the bright red buy one get one free sign just behing it in the co-op window. In hindsight might have been better to do those shots at the reception venue.

3. I have photos with wheels as well. Maybe not front wheel though as I think they were stood in that position most of the time.

4. Having major issues with laptop at the moment can never work out whether the brightness is correct or not as it changes when I plug it in. Will be rectified once I've saved up and bought a desk top computer that I can trust to be the same each time I switch on. Can probably do a better job on that one. I did think it looked dark myself after looking at it in my works machine.

I wasn't the photographer on the day but it was great fun getting to have a chance. I really didn't expect to get much enjoyment from it at all but I did in the end.

I aren't planning on becoming a wedding photographer, just as well perhaps :)

I think considering you weren't there as the main tog you did a great job :)

1st and last one for me are the best, but I would definitely sharpen that 1st one in LR or PS as it could be a really lovely shot if a little sharper :)

I think the other 3 miss the mark slightly just because 2 are a bit under exposed and the other has a wonky lean on it that could do with being straightened out. However still nice shots that I am sure the couple will like.

Put it this way I've seen worse from pro togs so don't beat yourself up over getting the settings a little wrong due to the pace / pressure of getting the shots :)

Hi Carl

Thanks for the feedback, interestingly no. 1 looks softer on here via photobucket than on flickr, even though its the same image :shrug: I do agree its not quite as sharp as it could have been though.:)
Interstingly its Lucy's favourite.

Andrea

It's also the only one where both are genuinely smiling and looking happy, it's really hard to get people to smile on demand.
Which is why the candid shots are often the best, in fact the I think the best shots at any wedding are those taken in and around the formal shots, whilst people are moving about, having a laugh and not paying any attention to the sneaky photographer lurking in the background :naughty:
It's these that people will always remember and look back to in 10, 20, 30 years time, not the standard formal stuff sat in a frame above the fireplace.

Back