Luminar Neo

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I normally use an old version of PS6 / LR as it's non subscription - problem is it wont open my raw files from the R3 (CR3) tried converting to DNG first - okay but a little slow.
Wife uses Luminar Neo and noticed it has a spare licence - tried it out over the weekend and - quietly impressed, will see how it handles a full on 3k shot race day before I switch completely.

Anyone else a full Neo user?

.DAVID.

Hello David.

I've been using Luminar Neo for a few weeks now. It's quite AI-ish in its approach, if you know what I mean? Which is why I so far prefer Affinity Photo 2. It has a more hands on feel to it and I've thrown quite a lot at it one way or another, but I'm always working in it with TIFFs. But it processes RAW too. I really like the UI compared to Luminar.

Tried it for 3 days and applied for a refund (which I received quite quickly)

Wasn't for me.

Replaced a sky and the pixellation around the join from sky and land was incredibly bad.

Some features are quite good but I'm happy with LR & PS, especially with their new features.

Thanks guys, will keep it as a back up for the CR3 files as we already have it. Just wish LR came as a stand alone and not subscription. Ahh well ;-)

Back