Lumix G 100-300mm f/4-5.6 Mk I vs. Mk II

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I was passing a Jessops branch yesterday, popped in, saw the Lumix 100-300mm at £413.95, tried it, liked it and bought it.

They only had the demo model at the shop, but said they'd get one from another branch within a day or two. I'm currently waiting for them to phone.

Just looking at the Jessops website and it says .... Mk II was £549 - Now £487. Got me thinking: am I buying a Mk II? How would I recognise the difference?

Anyone know the physical differences between the Mk I and the Mk II? Thanks.

EDIT

Erm but of course it will come in a box and will, most probably, have a "I" or a "II" on the box, and, no, they wouldn't put a "I" in a "II" box, would they.

o_O

Last edited:
The mkI will have 'Mega zoom' on it where the mkII will have 'Power zoom'. That's the quickest way, otherwise they look very similar, the mkII is also a darker colour, closer to black where the MK1 was more dark grey. The mkII is dual IS compatible so that'll be on the box somewhere too. I hope it's the mkII you got as the mkI is not worth that much, can be got used, but in like new condition below £300

Awe thanks Keith, I knew there must be some way of identifying the MkII.

Looking at some pic now, like THIS ONE, I see the Power I.O.S words.

I'm not distrusting of Jessops, honest. They're the nice people who let me swap the Pana 45-200 for a 45-150 + refund, no questions asked.

(y)

Awe thanks Keith, I knew there must be some way of identifying the MkII.

Looking at some pic now, like THIS ONE, I see the Power I.O.S words.

I'm not distrusting of Jessops, honest. They're the nice people who let me swap the Pana 45-200 for a 45-150 + refund, no questions asked.

(y)

I would imagine it's the mkII for that money, like I say the mk1 can be had used in exc condition for less than 300

The mkII is a bit more slick looking, should have much better AF and the weather sealing is really nice to have too. Optically I don't think there's anything in it

Back