lumix g7 to canon adaptor

Name
bill
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all im looking to try my canon lenses with another camera ive bought, i have a 70 - 200 and a 24-70 that fit a 5dmk3 can anyone point me in the direction of an adaptor that will allow me to attach them to a lumix g7. if possible keeping the auto focus
thankks
BILL

I inquired the same subject recently, a good one is going to cost you around £400!!................. I have since given up on the idea.

I inquired the same subject recently, a good one is going to cost you around £400!!................. I have since given up on the idea.
I'd go for a used Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8, it's a very very good lens :D

The easy answer : all current Panasonic Lumix lenses (and all current Olympus lenses) fit all micro-4/3rds cameras, of which G7 is one.
(A deeper answer goes back before 2005 and involves adapters, don't worry.)
The important bit ;
MICRO FOUR THIRDS

The easy answer : all current Panasonic Lumix lenses (and all current Olympus lenses) fit all micro-4/3rds cameras, of which G7 is one.
(A deeper answer goes back before 2005 and involves adapters, don't worry.)
The important bit ;
MICRO FOUR THIRDS
Thanks Ulfric for the answer, so in essence if ita micro four thirds camera panasonic and olympus lenses will fit it ?

Yes Panny and Oly micro four thirds lenses will fit but you may miss some functions when using Oly lenses like depth from defocus which only Panny lenses work with, afaik, but there's another issue as sadly you have a G7 and should therefore read up on shutter shoch which can be an issue with some lenses on that camera when using the mechanical shutter. Switching to the electronic shutter cures shutter shock but can bring rolling shutter effects and possible banding under some lighting.

I can tell you that the Panny 12-35mm f2.8 isn't affected by shutter shock.

I would want a better understanding of this part.

3. In shooting mode, while the camera shutter can’t be pressed down (or with non-lens prompt), please change the settings to ‘Release shutter without lens’ or ‘Aperture priority’.

I would want a better understanding of this part.

3. In shooting mode, while the camera shutter can’t be pressed down (or with non-lens prompt), please change the settings to ‘Release shutter without lens’ or ‘Aperture priority’.
Panasonic bodies will not take a photo with an "unknown" lens (old manual or whatever) until you tick that box in the menu.
Olympus bodies do not care.

Panasonic bodies will not take a photo with an "unknown" lens (old manual or whatever) until you tick that box in the menu.

Now that is confusing, i didnt make that post, need the X file music.

I posted this part as a quote on another post but i dont know who posted the rest "I would want a better understanding of this part."

I think some one removed a post i quoted, surprised it went out of my quote though

You also need to input the focal length for the IBIS. You need to do this on both Panasonic and Olympus.

Back