Lumix GX1 coming up on Amazon Lightning Deals

I believe the Lightning deal was better then..... phew! lol

Still a good (current) deal nevertheless

Yeah, good deal, makes the lens £70. So the body is still around the same price as lightning deal.

Last edited:
Yeah, good deal, makes the lens £70. So the body is still around the same price as lightning deal.

The way I see it is the Lightning deal was definitely the better deal- breakdown as follows:

Lightning deal

GX1 (Body only) - £255 - £50 cashback = £205
14-42mm lens- £99 - £50 cashback = £49

TOTAL- £254

Black Friday Deal

GX1 + 14-42mm lens- £321 - £50 cashback = £271

My maths says Lighning deal saves £17 on that package

However, if its the 14-42mm X lens, then the Black Friday deal is definitely the better deal!

Gary

If £17 is a huge amount of money I guess the lightning deal is 'much' better.

The way I see it is the Lightning deal was definitely the better deal- breakdown as follows:

Lightning deal

GX1 (Body only) - £255 - £50 cashback = £205
14-42mm lens- £99 - £50 cashback = £49

TOTAL- £254

Black Friday Deal

GX1 + 14-42mm lens- £321 - £50 cashback = £271

My maths says Lighning deal saves £17 on that package

However, if its the 14-42mm X lens, then the Black Friday deal is definitely the better deal!

Gary
Is the Amazon deal with the normal lens or the X lens? It seems like the picture is with the x lens but the description says its the normal lens.

Just noticed. When black friday deals came up this morning I clicked on it and it took me to the gx1 & powerzoom so did they change the deal?!? There will be a very angry phone call going in if so!!

The image shows the power zoom version but title states its not. I'm rather confused too. Did you check the description this morning?

The order was as description I posted, I had it in my basket and I let it expire when I checked the model no. Currys also use a few differing images on their products, doesnt make it right imo.

Couldve always returned if not PZ. Not sure if youd have to pay post though as item would technically be as described.

The deal link they provided is correct, it does not point to the PZ, the description and model name also state its the reg 14-42. Only the pic was incorrect.

Last edited:
Still not a bad deal though Sarah, after cashback its only £270, a bargain. Sell the lens for £50 and its very cheap body only.

No, it's separate so you need to claim for the cashback and then the extended warranty

Cashback Lumix G link

Purchase Period 01/10/2012 - 31/12/2012 Claim Deadline 30/01/2013

3 year http://promotions.panasonic.co.uk/offer/3-year-warranty-on-lumix-g-cameras/]warranty on Lumix G cameras link

Purchase Period 07/11/2012 - 31/03/2013 Claim Deadline 30/04/2013

I literally just qualified for the GX1 as I purchased it on 07/11/12- doesnt look like the people who purchased it during the 1st lightning deal qualified as it was obviously before this date.

HTH

Gary

hmm I got mine on 6th but received a replacement on the 9th, hope theyll honour.

Same Black Friday deal as Monday on today at 10:15am

Pic shows the PZ lens but product code is the standard 14-42mm

Back