Lundy Island

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
An island just across the waters from the North Devon Coast

DSC_2369.jpg

Any views/pointers appreciated.

The strange aspect ratio puts me off this shot. I would also have preferred the island to have been bigger; it doesn't do justice to the title.

Thanks rh1944 for your honesty. Yeah it was a funny crop as not kept to any ratio and a rather large crop at that as it was taken with the nifty fifty. Looking at it again all I liked was the light coming through the clouds. But it doesnt look that spectacular in the picture:bonk:

I like it. I think the aspect ratio works well but suspect that it would look much better bigger. I don't think the small size posted on forums suits this sort of shot.

I spent a week on Lundy about a month ago and I am thinking of going back as a volunteer for a while.

btw I see most of your shots are in N.Devon. Do you live in the area? I am based in Bideford at the moment.

Yeah I live in westward Ho! so just down the road from Bideford. Havn't yet been over to Lundy but would be nice to one day this summer.

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks rh1944 for your honesty. Yeah it was a funny crop as not kept to any ratio and a rather large crop at that as it was taken with the nifty fifty. Looking at it again all I liked was the light coming through the clouds. But it doesnt look that spectacular in the picture:bonk:

Why not recrop to a conventional aspect ratio and concentrate on what interested you? Something like:

2595466946_73945c4163_o.jpg

That's 4 by 3 and looks at what you liked.

I see what you mean. The thing is i liked Lundy Island in the distance and the cloud/light but the clouds in a bigger crop looks abit dull and boring in the top third?. Heres another crop, 2x3 this time:

DSC_2369-Version3.jpg

Back