Luxury Watches Shooting

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone!

I am currently taking pictures of watches with Nikon D7100, Nikkor 50mm, polarizer filter, two LED's and a lightbox (you can see the full setup here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/best-setup-to-shoot-watches.648037/#post-7743351)

This is the result so far:

yQHCkw.jpg

F07Kpi.jpg

fiNcLg.jpg

uspbY7.jpg

5ylLxm.jpg

With the Rolex I was shooting with ISO 100 50mm ƒ/6.3 1/40sec
And the Cartier ISO 160 50mm ƒ/6.3 1/40sec

I can't seem to reach the best sharpness, as my boss asks me to have this kind of quality:

0SGrhB.png

17hb9V.png

These are obviously made in studios with the best equipment, we do the pictures on the move, so I have to keep the best mobility.

Do you guys think it will improve with better lights, or it's a settings issue or any suggestion on how can I reach that level of sharpness?

Thank you to everybody :ty:

Looks like you're not getting enough depth of field to keep the whole of the dial in focus. Had a quick read of your other thread where you're using higher ISO - have you opened up the aperture for these shots to reduce ISO?

I'd be looking to use an aperture of f/11-16 depending on how much depth of field is needed, but if your lights aren't powerful enough you'll need to increase the ISO or use a longer exposure time. Are you shooting on a tripod with cable release/2 second timer? If so you should be able to slow down the shutter speed to help keep the ISO down.

My initial settings would probably be f/11, ISO 100 and set shutter speed to get the desired exposure. If the shutter speed is too long, start increasing ISO until you get to where you want to be.

It looks completely out of focus, there is not enough DoF.

The lights is fine, just not enough DoF.

Definitely need to use a narrower aperture to get more DoF and lighting needs to be increased I think. Its not easy to get it just right.

If you are shooting with a tripod then as stated above try f8 to f11/16 to get more dof and you would be in the sweet spot for most lenses. Use a shutter release or timer on your camera and lack of light isn't too much of a problem.

Hi,the lighting is very flat and lifeless - no sparkle.
Studio flash would be better.
Also watches these days are usually shot using focus stacking (combining 3or4 images focused in slightly different places.

Back