Luzid ND Filters

Looks good with the lifetime warranty. Clicked on an item from their site to show a link from Amazon saying they don't ship to the UK though?

Well I've just ordered the 100mm 10 stopper on ebay. Hopefully it will come before my planned trip to Skye next weekend.

For anyone interested I had a chance to try out the Luzid 10 stop filter while on my trip to Skye (despite the cloud and rain I had most of the time there). I have a Lee Little Stopper that I also used as a comparison (see images below). Just a quick note that I am quite new to photography so bear in mind this is a beginners opnion.

No Filter
SkyeNoFilter.jpg

Lee Little Stopper
SkyeLittleStopper.jpg

Luzid 10 Stop Filter
Skye10Stopper.jpg

I haven't done any processing of these images other than to convert them to jpg. As you can see there is a slight warm colour cast to the Luzid filter but not as much as the blue colour cast I get from the Lee little stopper. Its probably worth noting that the Lee Little stopper was used when the sun was getting below the cloud/horizon so the blue colour to the image is partly due to the lighting although I do find that the Little Stopper tends to give quite a blue colour cast and can sap the colour from my shots.
You can also see some lens flare in the Luzid shot. The Luzid filter doesn't have the foam border like the Lee filters have to stop light entering behind the filter. I don't know if this is the reason for the lens flare and I can't say I've noticed it in other shots I've taken with the Luzid filter.

Personally I'm very happy with the Luzid filter. For half the price of the Lee Big Stopper it was well worth it.

Back