Lydden Hill Sidecar Test

Edit My Images
Yes
Went along to Lydden on Sat to shoot the sidecar test plus a mate was trying the chair for the first time with Raptor Racing.

The weather was awful gloomy and misty but glad to be back trackside and a chance to try out my new Canon 300mm F4L IS + 1.4 Converter.

The pans were using my Canon 70-200F4L IS

400_zps9cb8ce8f.jpg

1922_zps31f3d78c.jpg

229_zps151e04c5.jpg

1148-1_zps9b2dcbba.jpg

132_zps8125d5a1.jpg

1121_zps64fa8e6f.jpg

Numbers 2 and 5 float my boat, great action shots and great panning.

Number 2 for me, though I also like number 1, looks like he's winking at you. All very nice shots :)

Very nicely done, like those a lot!

What did you think of your new kit then?

Very nicely done, like those a lot!

What did you think of your new kit then?

Thanks Kim so far so good with the new kit first off i like the lens as its a little more compact than my Sigma and i love the built in hood nice touch by Canon then there is the speed at which it locks on focus very nice plus its great wide open the main reason i bought the lens looking forward to getting some close up shots at F4 only used with the converter at Lydden but did well in poor light.

Heres a couple i took at the end of last season both through the fence at Druids one in bright sun the other in that awful gloomy Britcar finally weather.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaza62/8331663152/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaza62/8179854203/sizes/l/in/set-72157632306563025/

nice take on it! excellent stuff.

Thanks Jonty

Very nice Gaz, my chairs shot are usually crap:crying:

4 & 6 (both of them ) for me :clap:

Thanks Graham

Thanks Kim so far so good with the new kit first off i like the lens as its a little more compact than my Sigma and i love the built in hood nice touch by Canon then there is the speed at which it locks on focus very nice plus its great wide open the main reason i bought the lens looking forward to getting some close up shots at F4 only used with the converter at Lydden but did well in poor light.

Heres a couple i took at the end of last season both through the fence at Druids one in bright sun the other in that awful gloomy Britcar finally weather.

The 300 f4 is a good bit of kit - certainly enjoyed my Canon one lots. Such good VFM too!

Those two shots are lovely too btw - particularly like the Britcar one, dripping in atmosphere in more ways than one (y)

Good stuff Gaz. #2 for me. Lens seems to be working well. Looking for something longer than I've got at the minute myself, in two minds whether to go for 300 F4 or 400 F5.6.

Very nice shots Gaz, I really like 2 and 12, gonna try that perspective in a couple of weeks time.

all nice and great panning and angles, really works well with the sidecars...

Cheers Suggs

Very nice shots Gaz, I really like 2 and 12, gonna try that perspective in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks Dex

cracking set, number 2 is the stand out for me also.

Thanks Matt

Lovely shots Gary, cant wait to get down Brands Thursday and try out me 70-200 for the first time.

Cheers Barry you will love that lens

Rather them than me. Nice set anyway :) The guy in #1, haha.

Cheers Beav

Back