South-West England Lyme Regis area suggestions

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I am staying at the Charmouth Camping club site at half term next month. I will photograph the Cobb but can anyone give me some suggestions for other land/sea scape locations within about 20 miles? It will be just me and a greyhound, no long hikes or serious rock scrambling please.
All suggestions appreciated.

Why not drive round to Portland Bill, on the way you could stop at West Bay, Abbotsbury Swannery and could go into Weymouth. Last time I was down that way, we also went to Poundbury on the outskirts of Dorchester. I believe it was designed by Prince Charles.

Dave

Reactions: Nod
There's a hill just before Bridport that I've always felt could produce something.

There's a hill just before Bridport that I've always felt could produce something.
It's called Colmers Hill, it is a very photgenic location but there is no easy/close parking from the A35, but Google Maps shows a "Colmers Hill Car Park" in the nearby village of Symondsbury.

Seaton has a tramway and a nature reserve , you also have golden cap ,believe there’s caves up there to ? And saw on the news the other day that bridport has a nature reserve .. plenty of nice walks along the river char to back of the brewery by Morrisons . And west bay and the cliffs are very photogenic

The walk from Seaton to Beer is quite good if a little steep. Don't bother with the walk from Lyme to Charmouth though because you don't get near the sea.

If you're looking for somewhere a little further inland (we did it as a going home destination) there is Forde Abbey near to Chard. Stunning gardens and interiors.

IMG_1958.jpg

I have just been looking through my old posts and realised that I didn't follow up on my visit to this location.
As mentioned, it is difficult to park there but I was lucky enough to get a spot in the very small pull in just off the main road.
I must say the hill does give a good workout but the view is worth it. Here is image from my visit. Thanks for the recommendation.
Colmers hill-2.jpg by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Back