Lynmouth, Devon

Name
chris shiels
Edit My Images
Yes
My first image post! :(
Better late than never....

Had a short break in Lynmouth 2 weeks ago, so I had a serious go at capturing RAW images and processing them as HDR images(well...the first 5 images!)
Comments/crits most appreciated....

Lynmouth1.jpg

Lynmouth2.jpg

Lynmouth3.jpg

Lynmouth4.jpg

Lynmouth5.jpg

Lynmouth6.jpg

1 has a wonderful composition and as much as I dislike HDR I have to admit this is quite an appealing one for me. It's what I would consider good digital art.

The first works for me a lot, really enjoying it. Does it need HDR? Who cares. It works.

Gary.

Thanks for the comments...:)

The first works for me a lot, really enjoying it. Does it need HDR? Who cares. It works.

Gary.

Took your point Gary...I had a second shot which I think was slightly better (more foreground & a straight horizon!)
Straight from the raw file...removed the dust spots (thanks Billybob), tweak of curves & a sharpen.
C&C's??

0562.jpg

Number 4 for me but I would really like number 3 if it wasnt for the sky that just looks plain odd and you turned the greens down a bit on the front plants, they look a bit like there suffering from fallout :thinking:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, brings back some great memories as I used to live there, up at Countisbury. I love the composition of the first, really good. Then I get distracted, in the second image to the left of the tower is The Rising Sun, we had some great nights in there drinking Addlestone's Cloudy Cider...you get drunk from your feet up! To the right of the tower is a great chippy, with the blue facia. I've strimmed all the footpaths in the area, when we finished it was time to start again. In the last photo, just out of sight is a fence we built down the slope all the way to the cliff edge to keep the ponies from straying into Lynmouth...happy days :)

Back