M42 SLR????

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, it seems my Oly OM10 has given up the ghost (got it cheap so not spending money on a repair).

I've got a few M42 lenses that I use with adaptors on my digital, so what are your suggestions and recommendations for a nice, cheap SLR that takes M42 lenses.

Thanks in advance.(y)

Depends how much you want to spend:

• For the cheapest option get a Zenit E, Zenit EM or Zenit TTL. They do the job but lack more advanced features and the quality can be questionable although my EM is quite good. The Zenit TTL has TTL metering so that may be worth it. I would not bother with an E though.
  • More expensive, but way better, I would get a Pentax Spotmatic. These can be gotten off Ebay for about £20 for an original Spotmatic, a bit more for a Spotmatic II and a lot more for a Spotmatic F. These have a faster top shutter speed (1/1000 compared to 1/500) to the Zenit's, TTL metering and are exceptionally well built and have little to go wrong with them

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Well I quite liked the mint MTL5b with Pentacon 50mm, at a bootie which I reckon could have got for £8 after haggling..........but in another thread have two bites at the cherry by getting a Canon FTB or Minolta SR101b with M42 adapter (cheap to buy).

Back