Ma Burd!

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
This is Mario, my African Grey. He has been living with Granny for a year now due to my work commitments, but I see him all the time. Very tame, and his favourite quotes include:

"Reeking of Pish"

"Hello Darling"

"Away ye go ye ars3h0le"

he also talks to Basil all day long!!! Very cute.

2737921947_d73f200c8d_o.jpg

2737910781_c2dd2acfff_o.jpg

2737903487_c5faaac44e_o.jpg

2738568018_b48febe4a0_o.jpg

5: In Flight Meal? :)
2737721907_f481dd450a_o.jpg

2737716437_7abb9eb72a_o.jpg

2737716171_884e0fdbc1_o.jpg

I feel I can get a lot better shots than these, however any crit welcome, will use any tips next time :)

Gary.

Wow! They are stunning mate! :notworthy: Did you use on camera flash for these?

This is a really good set!! i wish i could take my amazon as good as these.

#5 is brilliant.. The dog just looks ready to nibble on the bird and the bird just looks cool as if to say.. "You'll try it just once" :naughty:

PS Caption is also genius.

Cracking, My father in law has African Greys, fantastic Birds.

I love the first and last, number 5 made me giggle. :)

Only 7 images today? ;)

I personally dont get the whole 'keep a bird in a cage' thing, but the shots are upto your usual standard! How long have you been shooting? I am thinking less than 12 months? If I'm approaching the stuff you produce after 12 years i'll be pleased! :LOL:

love number 7 cracker of an image all rest as good but no 7 stands out

No. 5 is almost completely brilliant. Pity about the sofa behind the dog. 2 and 7 are great.

Only 7 images today? ;)

I personally dont get the whole 'keep a bird in a cage' thing, but the shots are upto your usual standard! How long have you been shooting? I am thinking less than 12 months? If I'm approaching the stuff you produce after 12 years i'll be pleased! :LOL:

I agree it's not where a bird should be. But my justification? The ability to give this captive bred bird a better life than the next person who may have bought him.

In captivity, a lot of these birds will not see the tender age of 65 years old. Mario on the other hand most likely will.

Thanks all for the comments, as always, I was left underwhelmed by them, I don't understand all the praise at times.

G.

Only 7 images today? ;)

Since December 07. I have spent an unhealthy amount of time on the hobby though :wacky:

Incredible short amount of time, you're a natural :)

Though I'm sure the hours and hours of practise have helped a tad.

Great shots (y)

ma burd,whit a heading,ye got me looking:)sharp pics, like the wan wi the dug,how did ye get it tae stick its tongue oot:clap:

ma burd,whit a heading,ye got me looking:)sharp pics, like the wan wi the dug,how did ye get it tae stick its tongue oot:clap:

A didny man he just did it himself. A wis waiting ages and hay jist stuck it oot.

Why do we Scots sound so bloody insane? :)

Gary.

When I was down at Glenrothes I noticed they all raise in pitch as they speak.. and moreso at the end of their sentence.. Impossible to explain by typing but anyone who heard it would notice it.. Made me chuckle when I noticed it.

And why is it when you hear someone local on your local news channel they always sound so weird.. yet you wouldn't think anything of it if you met them in the street?

first six fo me, the lack of feathers puts me off the last, but i'm picking nits there. Class (y)

When I was down at Glenrothes I noticed they all raise in pitch as they speak.. and moreso at the end of their sentence.. Impossible to explain by typing but anyone who heard it would notice it.. Made me chuckle when I noticed it.

And why is it when you hear someone local on your local news channel they always sound so weird.. yet you wouldn't think anything of it if you met them in the street?

The raising in pitch, not here in Edinburgh, but massive in Glasgow, and its wierd.

Yup, heard myself and its crazy, not what I think I sound like!!

Gary.

No. 5 is great, although the other ones are very good too.
Love the smoothness of the greys.

Is the bird THAT grey, though?

Some additional contrast here, but he is very grey!! I think these shots are a realistic colour representation...:cautious: I think...)

Gary.

lovely loking African Grey Gary
and nice to see one almost feather perfect as well
#3 for me (y)

Thanks guys. Number 5 was a semi grab shot, Basil and Mario do share a lot of intimate moments, but this was a topper due to Basil licking his lips.

I am just annoyed they were not closer, as well as the couch amnd cage being so prominent.

Thanks again everyone,

Gary.

He looks a right Cheeky so n so, wonderful shots as ever Gary - Can just imagine Basil and Mario arguing in a scottish accent now lol

Keep em coming

Last edited:
Fantastic pics. I have a Red Lored Amazon. She is very tame, point a camera at her and she turns into a monster, attacking it!

Back