Mac - free design software wanted

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I need to draw up a design for a carpenter. I am having an A/V room with a wall full of cupboards with a gap for a TV in the centre and want to plan what I would like.

Is there any Mac software that will help me do this? Ideally free as I only need it for this one small job.

Thanks!

I've used Sketchup before, but found it quite slow, I think you'll be OK if your Mac has a separate graphics card though...

This months MacWorld magazine is not free at £5.99 but includes a really good 25th anniversary article and other stuff. This month it comes with Carrara 5 pro which might be interesting.

I use sketchup all the time for my woodworking projects. I've used Autocad for work for many years and sketchup takes some learning if you are used to conventional cad programs. Now I understand the way it works, it is much faster than autocad for the sort of stuff I do now. depends really if you want to put in the effort to learn how to use it.

like this -
k006.jpg

and before someone suggests it I don't want to quote for the job :)

I've used sketchup on my macbook (2ghz core 2 duo, 2gb ram) seemed to me to be abit slow. I dunno what sort of spec you machine is, probably best just to give it a go see how you get on. Theres also alot of good turials for sketchup if you look around.

I've used sketchup on my macbook (2ghz core 2 duo, 2gb ram) seemed to me to be abit slow. I dunno what sort of spec you machine is, probably best just to give it a go see how you get on. Theres also alot of good turials for sketchup if you look around.

I also found it slow on my Macbook, but I think that was due to the lack of a separate GPU...

Back