Mac Mini and 27" 4K resolution settings

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Morning All,

I have a 27" Imac 2017 and was looking at upgrading, now the 27" is not going to be upgraded i will be looking at a Mac Mini and purchasing a standalone screen. I am put off the new Mac screen as it appears to have a system which worries me as it has a processor in it and may cause issues at a later date. So i am looking at a standalone screen from the likes of BenQ, LG etc... I have recently seen videos about the Mini not being completely compatible with 4K resolution so i wondered if anyone has any experience of this for photo editing in Lightroom? I do like the 5k imac screen for touching up etc and want a similar experience with a standalone monitor.

Thanks for any help.

Morning All,

I have a 27" Imac 2017 and was looking at upgrading, now the 27" is not going to be upgraded i will be looking at a Mac Mini and purchasing a standalone screen. I am put off the new Mac screen as it appears to have a system which worries me as it has a processor in it and may cause issues at a later date. So i am looking at a standalone screen from the likes of BenQ, LG etc... I have recently seen videos about the Mini not being completely compatible with 4K resolution so i wondered if anyone has any experience of this for photo editing in Lightroom? I do like the 5k imac screen for touching up etc and want a similar experience with a standalone monitor.

Thanks for any help.
I have the basic Mac mini and the eizo 27” 4K monitor and have not had any problems

I have 2 M1 Macs, both drive a 27" 4K monitor, but the resolution is equivalent to 1920x1080. If you have been used to the iMac 27" 5K monitor you might be disappointed with that.

I'm using a 2018 mac mini running 24 inch eizo 1920 x 1200 and 32 inch benq 3840 x 2160

Back