- Messages
- 5,222
- Name
- Dave
- Edit My Images
- Yes
My 2017 iMac is slowly grinding to a halt as it ages, it's reached the stage where I can't download updates for LR etc. and I'm thinking now is the time to change.
I'm looking at the Mac Mini (M6 2026) with 16GB memory & 256GB SSD HD. It's the cheapest option and looks pretty good on paper.
My thoughts are that and the ASUS ProArt PA279CRV 4k monitor with the suggestion of keeping all my RAW files on an external 4TB Hard Drive which I do now with a secondary 2TB SSD HD to run Lightroom/Catalogs/Previews etc.
For anyone who has gone this route of change is that a reasonable option?
I'm looking at the Mac Mini (M6 2026) with 16GB memory & 256GB SSD HD. It's the cheapest option and looks pretty good on paper.
My thoughts are that and the ASUS ProArt PA279CRV 4k monitor with the suggestion of keeping all my RAW files on an external 4TB Hard Drive which I do now with a secondary 2TB SSD HD to run Lightroom/Catalogs/Previews etc.
For anyone who has gone this route of change is that a reasonable option?