Edit My Images
Yes

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake
Edit My Images
No
I was literally about order this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Enclosure-External-Thunderbolt-Compatible/dp/B08DNR22Q7/

can't tell what the difference is between this and the one that's a lot more expensive... both same company,... roughly similar design.
10GBPS USB 3.2. You can have something similar for even less. Orico on ebay, or most of them on Aliexpress.

TB3 are more expansive but may be worth it for some uses. If you can wait a couple of weeks: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

OP
rob-nikon
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Can run it in emulation mode anyway can't you?
You can but it would be great if the native app was out. I guess it was to be expected lightroom classic will take longer to sort as it’s more complicated than the cut down version. It’s obvious to most that Adobe want to get rid of classic and are pushing the cutdown CC version.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
You can but it would be great if the native app was out. I guess it was to be expected lightroom classic will take longer to sort as it’s more complicated than the cut down version. It’s obvious to most that Adobe want to get rid of classic and are pushing the cutdown CC version.
Not really, they're currently adding more colour grading features to classic

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Any chance you have tried the any of the topaz AI software?
No sorry. Lightroom CC, Affinity Pro, Sigma Optimisation Pro, Smartshooter 4 and Wacom Intuit pro all run well so far. No problems with anything yet.

Edit My Images
Yes
Returning to this thread after acquiring an SSD NVMe

SSD Speed - 3200

1st Caddy purchased, - 950
(caveat emptor - it was marked Thunderbolt 3, but was only compatible, not actual)

2nd Caddy purchased - 1317
Thunderbolt 3

USB3 SSD - 474

Internal SSD - 2532

So, it appears currently, that the internal SSD is twice as fast as the fastest possible (not cheap) external one.

For comparison
Thunderbolt 2 Spinning Rust Drive - 200
USB C Spinning Rust Drive - 100

Last edited:

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes
Returning to this thread after acquiring an SSD NVMe

SSD Speed - 3200

1st Caddy purchased, - 950
(caveat emptor - it was marked Thunderbolt 3, but was only compatible, not actual)

2nd Caddy purchased - 1317
Thunderbolt 3

USB3 SSD - 474

Internal SSD - 2532

So, it appears currently, that the internal SSD is twice as fast as the fastest possible (not cheap) external one.

For comparison
Thunderbolt 2 Spinning Rust Drive - 200
USB C Spinning Rust Drive - 100
Which caddy did you purchase and are these speeds with a M1 Mac?

Edit My Images
Yes
16" MBP

OWC Envoy Express. There aren't that many options for Thunderbolt 3 NVMe