Mac or Windows for Editing

And what happens if badgerOS catches TB? Do we have to cull it? And what happens if you use snake64 on a plane?

Yes everyone realised that Macs really are better than PCs in every way, and that people who use PCs are pathetic losers. Think that pretty much sums it up.

(y)

Or that mac owners think they are better but in fact all of the computers do the same bloody thing and its down to personal preference. Or the fact that you are partial to Steve Jobs' alimentary tract! ;)

My Mac is slim,sexy,and pregnant.If I find out it's that Vaio I'm going to give it one too, Ooooooops.

Regards:razz:.

It couldn't be worse than an Apple only one :shrug:

I think it would. 2 marques well know for their premium pricing come together for a one of special...

The Apple Vaio Pro!

Prices starting at the value of a semi-detached in Surbiton!

Anybody heard the the song young,gifted,and MAC??

I could call it Jimmy Mac.

Regards::D.

A big (y) to cowasaki's long post on the middle of page 2.

If Windows machines were such virus magnets then why do computer pros who use them very rarely if ever have problems.

I don't use antivirus software either; sue me.

Not quite sure what Amp34 means by XP having regular BSOD faults. If it does, there is a hardware or software fault.

I didn't suggest it had regular BSOD's (ME on the other hand). :) What I suggested though was that modern OS's are far more stable. I had far less on my Vista install than XP (Although I didn't have many on my XP install either). :)

read up the mojave project and you will understand why people migrated to windows 7 much more eagerly than they did to windows vista. there's nothing wrong with either; bad publicity and some minor early issues killed peoples opinion of vista.

That was my point... :p

Vista has a massively bad reputation from those that slated it from the start yet a quick fettle under the hood and some body work and "apparently" 7 is far better. The odd thing with Vista though is that some people really did seem to have problems with it that 7 sorted out. Not many certainly but there were a few. Personally I and the other machines I've built with Vista on have never had these problems, in fact I replaced my 3 year old Vista install with 7 a few months ago and I'm sure Vista ran faster than 7 does now on my machine. Apparently the exact opposite of what was supposed to happen...

I think it would. 2 marques well know for their premium pricing come together for a one of special...

The Apple Vaio Pro!

Prices starting at the value of a semi-detached in Surbiton!

I'll bring out my Z series again. £5k for a 13" laptop...!:eek:

Vista has a massively bad reputation from those that slated it from the start yet a quick fettle under the hood and some body work and "apparently" 7 is far better. The odd thing with Vista though is that some people really did seem to have problems with it that 7 sorted out. Not many certainly but there were a few. Personally I and the other machines I've built with Vista on have never had these problems, in fact I replaced my 3 year old Vista install with 7 a few months ago and I'm sure Vista ran faster than 7 does now on my machine. Apparently the exact opposite of what was supposed to happen...

Isn't Windows 7 the OS that Vista was supposed to be, but they rushed out a version of it that wasn't properly ready yet? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Not really, that's what a lot of people have said but there was nothing wrong with Vista in the first place (except some people got a bee in their bonnet about it and the publicity was shot). There are a few added extras that may or may not have been meant for Vista but to say Vista wasn't ready is wrong. It would be like Windows 95 wasn't ready and windows 98 was what it was meant to be..

not read most of the topic but its all down to personal preference IMO

worked with PC's for around 12 years at home, now run MAC and prefer the layout of that and using that

I would suggest trying both and see how you feel using a mac

whitey is quite right , it is personal preference what you use.
it is adviceable to try to keep an open mind , dont try and compare
how you do it now , because it will be different.

Cheers Steve

I myself was a total pc fan and mac just didnt rock but since all the crap with vista and even win7 i treated myself to an imac 27 and i would never go back the mac just works and keeps on working.Have numerous programs running and no slow down if your a gamer stick with pc for everything else imho mac is the tool.
Mac does not seem to care about how may computers your software is on not like microsoft and the OS is only £28.00 bargain, virus problems what are they on a mac ,security updates rare very rare.Thing about Apple is that they will not put a machine together until the hardware as had a track proven record for at least 5 years thats why you dont see blueray on a mac build because to apple it still isnt perfect.
My mac boots in 10/12 seconds and shuts down in 5/6 seconds, oh dont forget where did you think vista and win7 get there gadgets and colourful desktop from by ripping into a mac os of which bill gates is a shareholder of now thats why you can bootcamp windows on a mac but not the other way round shame.

I myself was a total pc fan and mac just didnt rock but since all the crap with vista and even win7 i treated myself to an imac 27 and i would never go back the mac just works and keeps on working.Have numerous programs running and no slow down if your a gamer stick with pc for everything else imho mac is the tool.
Mac does not seem to care about how may computers your software is on not like microsoft and the OS is only £28.00 bargain, virus problems what are they on a mac ,security updates rare very rare.Thing about Apple is that they will not put a machine together until the hardware as had a track proven record for at least 5 years thats why you dont see blueray on a mac build because to apple it still isnt perfect.
My mac boots in 10/12 seconds and shuts down in 5/6 seconds, oh dont forget where did you think vista and win7 get there gadgets and colourful desktop from by ripping into a mac os of which bill gates is a shareholder of now thats why you can bootcamp windows on a mac but not the other way round shame.

oh dear.. how many inaccuracies can you get in one post

Hmmmm...

No blu-ray on Mac because it is considered pointless but you CAN add it if your want (see my Mac tips thread)

There are constant security updates on the Mac but these just happen in the background (so basically like they do on the PC :))

The OS (user level) does not ask for a licence number so will work on multiple computers but that is a breach of the user agreement.

Several items of software on the Mac CHECK for other instances on your network and will close down if they detect multiple copies eg MS Office !!

My PC boots as quickly as you suggest for the Mac.

You can run Windows on a Mac because a Mac is basically a Windows compatible PC you cannot run MacOS on a normal Windows PC because IT CHECKS what it is running on and stops if it is not Apple hardware (unless you break the user agreement).

BASICALLY Windows and MacOS computers are now pretty much the same thing!

Back