1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BillN_33

BillN_33

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have a Late 2014 iMac 5K 27' Retina running Yosemite 10.10.5 ....... bought in the UK with a UK keyboard and the OS in english ............(I live in France and the computer is in France with me)

I have just signed up for the monthly subscription of Lightroom Classic CC etc., using my Adobe account, registered in the UK etc., ........ I downloaded the Adobe LR Classic CC software ....... but it will not install - doing a little research on the web it would seem that the current LR Classic CC needs to be install on a machine running High Sierra .................my machine is running OS X Yosemite

The upgrade to High Sierra is free ........ but to download the upgrade I have to do this through my iTunes Account, (???), even though it is free ...... fine I log into iTunes with my user name and password .. again fine so far ........ but when I hit "Billing" so that I can download the new OS, I get an error message which stops the process even before I get to any upgrade

This seems to be because I live in France and the system knows that ....... so ....... OK ....... I change countries in "Store" to France ............ but still no joy ...... null error message, (Your request produced an error.
    [newNullResponse])

Any ideas or do I just wait until I go back to the UK later in the year ....... plus I would not want to download an upgrade in the French language ...... if that is possible, with an Adobe UK account ....... but I cannot even get to the stage .i.e. changing the "Store" to France and using my Adobe UK Account, I still cannot upgrade the OS to High Sierra

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. GeeJay57

GeeJay57

Name:
    Glenn
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  3. Eloise

Eloise

Name:
    Eloise
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is your iCloud account set up as part of family sharing?

4. BillN_33

BillN_33

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    yes

5. Eloise

Eloise

Name:
    Eloise
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That might explain why you can't change the store to French. Best to keep it on UK and use a VPN if need be (or wait till you are in UK next)

6. srichards

srichards

Name:
    Suz
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is it light room that won’t run on Yosemite or just the installer? I’d ask adobe for links to older versions as that seems to be least likely to turn everything upside down.

There is something called adobe application manager which is outside of CC. That’s worth trying too.

7. wave01

wave01

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Why can’t you just get it from the App Store

sphexx likes this.
  8. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    sphexx likes this.
  9. BillN_33

BillN_33

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tried that as explained in my first post - I get "
    (Your request produced an error.
    [newNullResponse])"

when I hit Billing during the log in process ..............if you read thru such problems you will find that you cannot update in a different country to that of your account registration .... it seems to be a common reported problem

10. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ah sorry - you said Itunes - this is app store

Hum, I've got El Capitan as a downloaded App but it's 260Gb. Could probably throw that up somewhere on my website is thats any good?
    I used it to create a virtual machine so I could fault find SMB connections last year.

Know anyone with a mac that could download a later version for you?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  11. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  12. BillN_33

BillN_33

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks

I'm back in the UK next week, by car, so I will take the machine back and update there

13. boyfalldown

boyfalldown

Name:
    Hugh
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If you can't for whatever reason, let me know and I'll make a bootable USB drive and post it in to you

14. BillN_33

BillN_33

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Hugh - I'll see how I get on next week

15. BillN_33

BillN_33

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Back in the UK ...... update downloaded without a problem after I went into "My Account" and typed in the CVC number to my Credit card even though it was a free upgrade

sphexx likes this.
  16. sphexx

sphexx

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes it’s just Apple’s way, I’ve just been asked for the CVC again just to download a free app from Google.