Macbook cracked

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, wondering if any one else has had this problem.

My macbook has developed two hair line cracks under the track pad where my palms would wrest.

Any one know if apple will cover this ?

thanks
Liam

How old is it?

I've just bought a Macbook...having been searching for them on eBay for a while, it does seem a common problem!

Not sure wether or not it'll be covered mind you!

If you have got an apple store nearby take it in and let them have a look at it, their service is normally spot on. If not use the John lewis warranty.

John Lewis will definitely cover it.
Mine developed the same problem a year and a half into warranty, and they took it in and swapped the top cover with no questions asked.

Be aware, it takes time though! While the job itself only takes about half an hour, my macbook was away for over 3 weeks.
Even then, it had to go back again as they'd fitted the wrong part!

If you do have an Apple Store near you, make an appointment first, and take it in, they should repair it either while you wait, or by the end of the day.

We have been backwards and forwards to the Apple store a few times now, for various problems on my son's Macbook and Iphone. Apple have fixed every fault without to much of a problem.
One problem was the Macbook case had hairline cracks after they had taken the case apart, they replaced the case again no problem.

I've had my MacBook repaired twice by apple, each time at no cost (even though it was out of warranty).

It's a pain to have to get it repaired but the customer care is 2nd to none.

Apple will repair it without any problem. If my experience is anything to go by it shouldnt take too long to repair either.

I had mine repaired at Apple too. Took 20 mins. Although I have made a genius bar appointment and it was in warrenty.

also had mine done under the john lewis part of the warranty.

they are pretty good for that kind of thing. You'll get a new trackpad too. I also had a scratch on one of the keys so the keyboard was replaced too.

IIRC the keyboard was replaced on mine seeing as they had taken it off.

Craikey, apple are first rate for covering warrantied kit but they do sometimes take their time about it. have you got applecare on it? If so, that should give you some leverage - they do like to repair applecare-covered stuff because they want the repeat business.

Is it a MB or a MB Pro? Got an MB Pro myself and don't want an nasty surprises...

They fixed it in 20 mins so no complaints! Apple store at Leicester Highcross. It is the white plastic Macbook that had the problem. Can't see something like that happening with the metal Macbook Pros, especially the unibody ones!

They fixed it in 20 mins so no complaints! Apple store at Leicester Highcross. It is the white plastic Macbook that had the problem. Can't see something like that happening with the metal Macbook Pros, especially the unibody ones!

I've found the staff at that store to be very helpful in the past (y)

Back