Macbook harddrive upgrade/time machine query

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for somewhere that cheap but also has quick delivery?
As my drive is starting to get max'd out.
Also whats the best brand to go for?
Im think 320 or 500 also 5000 or 7200?
What speed would be best?
I have backup all my computer onto a external hardrive is it just a matter of plugging it back in and it will load everything onto the computer again. Or do i need to install everything again using the cd's and then pluggin it in...

i think the macbook uses the scorpio blue drives from western digital. i would buy as big as you can afford, as there isnt a huge difference in price.

7200rpm relates to how fast the disk spins, and is pretty standard now.

Afaik, most macbooks are fitted with Fujitsiu drives. At least they were.
Personally, I wouldn't refit a WD unit anyway. Plenty of users have had problems with Scorpio drives. I resolved those(my) issues with a Seagate unit.

If it's any help my 6 month old MacBook Pro is running an Hitachi drive.

Personally I'd do a fresh install. That way all the clutter gets removed.

OK you've got to load the apps again, but it's a good time to decide what you want and don't.

I keep all my large image files stores away on a large external hard drive(s). The machine drive only has personal files on it. It's easier to buy another external than keep reinstalling bigger and bigger drives.

Mine was a hitachi drive and ive just (two weeks ago) changed to a WD Scorpio Blue 500gb and i used superduper to clone the drives swapped over and started up with no problems at all.

Scorpio blues are 5400 rpm, Scorpio Blacks are 7200rpm but only got to 320GB afaik.

Back