Macbook printing problem

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
hi
I purchased a Canon G650 printer to use with my MacBook Pro 2021. This was connected wirelessly. A 15MB TIFF photo took 18 minutes to complete. I'm new to MacBooks , is this the normal times. I read that it doesn't use the Canon drivers but its own AirPrint driver. I tried the same photo using my Windows Laptop and it was a couple of minutes.
Any advice appreciated, thanks

Although, I have an Epson.. I very recently bought a MBP and fired off a print over WiFi the other day and it worked fine. I'd definitly be using the Canon/Epson drivers and not the AirPrint one - so, perhaps that could help?

Interestingly, I saw a blog/artical the other day (didn't read it, just saw the headline) that implied the print was better quality when printed via wire when compared with WiFi - no idea if true or not but maybe worth thinking about

It doesn't sound right to me. I would definitely try connecting to the printer by USB (if you can).

It doesn't sound right to me. I would definitely try connecting to the printer by USB (if you can).
Although, I have an Epson.. I very recently bought a MBP and fired off a print over WiFi the other day and it worked fine. I'd definitly be using the Canon/Epson drivers and not the AirPrint one - so, perhaps that could help?

Interestingly, I saw a blog/artical the other day (didn't read it, just saw the headline) that implied the print was better quality when printed via wire when compared with WiFi - no idea if true or not but maybe worth thinking about
Thanks for the replies. I returned the printer in the end,I wasn’t happy about the quality of the prints. I’m going for an Epson ET 8550 which I’m told will work better with a MacBook.

Back