Mach Loop Assorted

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
2 Days in the Loop last week, not been for over a year and just got a D500 I was keen to try out. Bit limited because I only had 200mm and the light was not great but enjoyed it anyway.

The highlight was the fluffy Eagles on Tuesday morning, but I'm saving processing them till later. I often do that, save my favourite shots till last to keep the enthusiasm up to process the rest of the shots. Does anyone else do the same?

Canadian Display Hornet by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

F15 Eagle Topside by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Osprey Loop by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

RAF A400M by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Canadian F18 by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

F15 Eagle Topside by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Osprey Loop by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

RAF A400M by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking C & C welcome.

Lovely set, well done (y)

Apparently the Canadian hornet pilot flew up via the loop front Yeovilton and landed at Fairford. He then was driven back to Yeovilton, picked up the other jet, did the loop and landed that one at Fairford too. Nice work if you can get it eh? Great shots.

Great set. You got a good mix of aircraft.

The highlight was the fluffy Eagles on Tuesday morning, but I'm saving processing them till later. I often do that, save my favourite shots till last to keep the enthusiasm up to process the rest of the shots. Does anyone else do the same?.

That’s a good idea. I don’t enjoy editing shots very much so that might be worth a try as I generally just edit ‘the best ones’ and lose interest in the other stuff. Will give it a go with the next batch.

Looks like you had a great day... thanks for sharing.

I really need to learn how to process for web.
My snaps look great at home but on here, no where near as clean as yours.

The D500 looks to be performing well, are you pleased with it Craig ? I'm looking to add to my D750 and could do with a bit more reach.

Lovely set, well done (y)

Thanks Jak.

Apparently the Canadian hornet pilot flew up via the loop front Yeovilton and landed at Fairford. He then was driven back to Yeovilton, picked up the other jet, did the loop and landed that one at Fairford too. Nice work if you can get it eh? Great shots.

That's interesting, I bet the drive took longer!

Great set. You got a good mix of aircraft.

That’s a good idea. I don’t enjoy editing shots very much so that might be worth a try as I generally just edit ‘the best ones’ and lose interest in the other stuff. Will give it a go with the next batch.

Cheers Jason, be interested to hear how you get on.

Looks like you had a great day... thanks for sharing.

great shots

Thanks guys.

I really need to learn how to process for web.
My snaps look great at home but on here, no where near as clean as yours.

Resizing, then sharpening helps, and hosting with flickr then posting the bb code is what I do. Pulling the aircraft out as a separate layer, so you can selectively edit it whilst noise reducing the background alone for example helps too.

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 22.12.07 by Craig Hollis, on Flickr
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 22.12.22 by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

The D500 looks to be performing well, are you pleased with it Craig ? I'm looking to add to my D750 and could do with a bit more reach.

Thanks Paul. I want to say I love it, and I do the frame rate and autofocus and 'extra reach' is great. The way you can customise the buttons is awesome too, so I have group AF select and activate linked to the back button, I have centre point AF only linked to pressing the joystick in and I have the full 153 point auto blitz AF attached to the FN1 button that you can press with your third finger. So without taking your eye away from the viewfinder I have 3 different AF modes to use, depending on if the subject is against background, very small in frame or sky. However, I had high hopes for the IQ of the D500 but I'm disappointed after using the D750. Not surprising really.

The A400 looks as if it has just left the factory....very clean.

I thought that too Gary.

Thanks Paul. I want to say I love it, and I do the frame rate and autofocus and 'extra reach' is great. The way you can customise the buttons is awesome too, so I have group AF select and activate linked to the back button, I have centre point AF only linked to pressing the joystick in and I have the full 153 point auto blitz AF attached to the FN1 button that you can press with your third finger. So without taking your eye away from the viewfinder I have 3 different AF modes to use, depending on if the subject is against background, very small in frame or sky. However, I had high hopes for the IQ of the D500 but I'm disappointed after using the D750. Not surprising really.

My need would be mainly for motorsport to back up the D750, which has done so a cracking job for me so far. The D500 does tick all the boxes with the faster frame rate and improved AF, the joystick is a great addition too. I was hoping that the extra reach would negate the need for cropping so substantially, which in turn would save on the IQ . The FX body did leave me yearning for some extra reach at RIAT recently and I would love to have tried a D500 with my 300mm + 1.4 TC

Lovely variety of frames Craig, nicely exposed too.
It's been a while since I visited, were these Bwlch area or Cad East?

Some cracking images and thanks for the PP tips above. I really want to get around to making a trip there.

super set of picture`s

Back