Machu Picchu - Peru

Edit My Images
No
Taken after a long 4 day hike across the Inca Trail.

macpic.jpg

More from my Peru Trip HERE

mmmmmmmmmmm INCA!!!! :D cant wait to go... two years across the caribean and south america and this is on my list :D

Beautifull shot

sweet shot, one of the places left on our list for me and wife to visit, but now with 2 little rugrats its gonna be a few years before we start looking at that list again.

how far did you hike each day, was it an organised trip/route or did you do it all yourself.

nice shot

I did the trek with a company called SAS Travel. Each day was about 8hrs hiking at around 10000ft up to 12000ft. I've never ached so much in my life! 3am awake up on the last do to hike to the Sun Gate for sunrise!!!!

Do I enjoy! Too right one of the best things I've ever done!

Thanks for the comments

Awesome picture, great light, and the clouds really add to the feel of just how high up it is:clap:

Really nice, Just viewed the other Peru pictures from the link, top class.

Rob.

That's an excellent image, lovely bright vivid colours, and strong lines. The clouds show how high up this is, and add a sense of mystery.

outstanding! great composition, and the light is perfect - the sun on the ruins but nowhere else really highlights them wonderfully! i'd love to go there, but i'm afraid my asthma would not handle 11,000 feet well... :(

It's funny ... I've got lots of shots just like this (only not quite as good) myself, and we've all seen zillions of them on postcards and in books and everywhere ... and yet there's something quite magical about the place. When you see it for the first time, on one level it's not really a surprise because you've seen it - from that same angle even - hundreds of times before. But on another level it's totally awesome, in the literal old-fashioned sense of the word. And seeing it again brings that right back.

So, do we really need another shot of Machu Picchu? No. Am I glad I saw it today? Yes. Thanks.

That is stunning just how they did things like that i would love to no, great work as well

Well done... you got lucky with the light... when I was there it was bloody misty...

I looked at your other pics... we did a similar trip by the looks of it... we even stayed in the same hotel in Lima im guessing from one of your other pics... all the cars jamed up at the monument... I took a similar pic from my sheraton hotel room!

M

Planning on going there myself next year, but the old Asthma at 12k-feet is a bit of a concern. Needless to say the camera will be going with me.

Great pic!

Planning on going there myself next year, but the old Asthma at 12k-feet is a bit of a concern.
If you don't actually walk the Inca trail you'll be fine. Macchu Pichu is actually below 8,000 feet. Cuzco is a bit higher but you don't need to do anything energetic there. If you go to Lake Titicaca though, that is high (13,000), and the train ride over the altiplano to Cuzco is even higher.

Plan your trip carefully, check out the altitudes of the places you'll be going to, make sure you have adequate acclimatisatioin time, and you'll be OK.

Thanks StewartR, the concern isn't so much the physical effort involved as I'm fairly fit, but it's more the unpredictable effect the altitude mught have on my asthma. Might just be paranoia I guess.

Very very good. I'd love to have the chance to go there

that is stunning, i jsut cut south America out of my RTW trip as it was proving to costly.

one day though

WOW!

Like everyone else I'm really envious that you've visited this place.
Love the greens in your image....really vivid.

Back