Macro Butterflies with budget lens.

Edit My Images
Yes
Photo's taken at Stratford Butterfly Farm yesterday. Lens was an old 52mm M42 screw thread lens with a lens reverser fitted. Total cost about 5 quid (excluding camera body!!).

Dscf2568.jpg

Dscf2554.jpg

Dscf2528.jpg

More here:

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/laser_jock99/Nature and Wildlife/BUTTERFLIES/

Great shots! No 1 is a corker! Ugly brutes close up aren't they :D

Bugger! That raises the macro butterfly bar yet again!!! :D

Wonderful!

:clap: quite stunning (y)

The aliens have landed! THEY'LL KILL US ALL!

Fantastic shots! Amazing detail on #1.

Stunning first shot (y) and loving the detail on #2 (y)

look like monsters up close great captures and great result only spending 5quid

look like monsters up close great captures and great result only spending 5quid

My thoughts exactly, just shows you don't always need the most expensive lenses (y)

Very nice. did you use flash or natural light?

No 1 is awesome, great detail. Just goes to show you dont need the latest singing dancing kit to take great pictures, now weres my Pratika (y)

Fantastic! I've just joined the forum, and am hoping to find some more info on budget macro. Didn't have to look far!

These are amazing shots. I like number 2 the best. Those colours...

I would like to know how you light them though. I'm guessing your lighting rig isn't quite so cheap?

Thanks for sharing them, I'll look out for more.

Lighting was provided by the Fuji S5 Pro's onboard pop-up flash. The clever part (and I've no idea how it does this) is that this camera always gets the exposure bang on- even with flash- no matter what old lens you put on the camera. You could probably put a pin-hole in some silver foil and it would get it right.....

Beau shots, I like the second, beautifull blues and the detail in the joints...v good.
3rd ones a bit dark, good fur detail tho.
The first one, couldn't put my finger on why it didn't look right, but I see it now...:):)

Beau shots, I like the second, beautifull blues and the detail in the joints...v good.
3rd ones a bit dark, good fur detail tho.
The first one, couldn't put my finger on why it didn't look right, but I see it now...:):)

I'm surprised it took you guys this long spot the 'photoshoppery'. I was unhappy with the exposure in one half of the original- look again- you'll see the butterfly has been mirror imaged!

They are awesome - a real sense of threat there. The others on photobucket are pretty cool as well.

Back