Macro & Close up competition Entry

Edit My Images
Yes
This is my current entry into the competition above on another website, (some of you will know exactly where ;) )

Just wanted to know what you all thought really?

Bubbles2small.jpg

Well I think its way outside our 160kb file size rules :ponders: :nono:

i like the idea, plenty going on in the shot and different from eyes, flowers or bugs(that said, Dods bug is excellent)
Macros and Closeups are 2 different things, it will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the end

I really like that shot Gandhi, very original and well executed, it should do really well I'd have thought :)

Damn you! That was on my to shoot list :) Tis a really nice shot.

o.k i feel realyy dumb.... again ! what the hell is it ?

that said, as an image it is very apealing to the eye and makes you want to look at it in more detail... so top job realy :icon_cool

I love that pic... the oil slick effect that has been captured on the gold coloured bubbles looks great - reminds me of flames

Great shot... I would vote for it in the comp! :thumb:

Chris.

:censored: Gandhi I was going to post mine here for comments now if I do it'll show my photo for the joke it is :confused- *stomps off to find another photo forum*

P.S. Love the shot wish it were mine

Thanks for the positive feedback peeps. Looking at the standard of some of the other entries I don't think I'll win, but here's hoping. I guess a lot of it is down to the judges interpretation of the theme.

gemok, post your images here! The worst that can happen is people will give you some constructive criticism, which can only help better your efforts. I was, and still am, slightly wary of posting images for critique, nobody wants to be told that their effort sucks. Fortunately, that isn't what this forum is all about. I still feel a large amount of my stuff is sub standard compared to some of the images on here, but of late I've come to 3 conclusions;
1) There will always be people better than you, unless you're Bob carlos Clarke or Ansel Adams.
2) Run it up a flagpole and see who salutes it.
3) It's all subjective anyway. So anyone who doesn't like your work is either blind, tasteless or fails to understand where you are coming from!

^^^^what he said!^^^^

Ok will post my macro shot tomorrow got 24 hrs to see if I can find something better .......... third time's the charm :)

gandhi said:
3) It's all subjective anyway. So anyone who doesn't like your work is either blind, tasteless or fails to understand where you are coming from!

Never a truer word written.

We can critique any image and point you in the right direction to what is normally required to make an image appeal to the masses. At the end of all that though, if you like the picture how it is, then you have done your job well.

The world would be a dull place if we all liked the same stuff. ;)

I like it, love the colours and shapes. very good shot :thumb:

Back