Macro Double flash

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys and girls,
Im really into my macro photography so need to get myself a flash of my own for my 40D. Im on a tight budget of around £100 so have seen some double flash units and wanted some of your advice on whether you think they're any good and worth getting (They would be for macro and macro only).

Macro Flash Kit for Canon 1100D 550D 600D 50D 5D 7D 60D

Macro Flash Kit for Canon T2i XSi T1i T3i 50D 60D 5D 7D (Same as above as far as i can tell but works out £15 cheaper with exchange rate)

Twin Flash Kit + FREE Diffuser for Digital SLR Camera

Last edited:
Don't waste your money - just get a hotshoe flash - if your shooting upto 1:1 thats all you need

None of these worth the money then?
I would love the canon macro dual flash but can't afford the £500 price tag, so looking for cheaper option.

Similar situation here, had a macro lens but needed a good flash set up to make the most of it. I took a chance on this ring flash.

I tested it first on a spare 300D to make sure it would fire and not fry anything before sticking it on my 40D. It doesn't always fire, I guess I get a 80% success rate but at the price I paid I can happliy live with that.

I've always found this useful when looking for older flashes http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Back