Macro Dragon.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I went for a walk with the camera today. Before the sun went down It was a bit windy but managed to get this what do you think.

3811887170_a1cc144cf3_o.jpg

C & C Welcome.

I like:D

pretty dam good to me(y)
Amazing creatures really, was chasing a big one round the garden on saturday but the miserable thing never stayed still

Superb shot John

I like:D

pretty dam good to me(y)
Amazing creatures really, was chasing a big one round the garden on saturday but the miserable thing never stayed still

I know what you mean birdy961, I soon got sick of that now I wait for them to come to me thanks for the comment!!

That's brilliant John, well done mate.

Superb close up shot:clap::clap::clap:

(Never managed to get a decent shot of a dragonfly yet:()

Stunning macro shot and lovely detail!

That is really beautiful :love:

Excellent shot, I have never been that close to one of those :(

Very nice Common Darter, they are quite a colourful small dragon. They do settle and it can be quite easy to get close. Keep an eye out for when they eat as they tend to concentrate on doing one thing, I also saw several at the weekend flying around while copulating which is an interesting trick!! You will also see the female laying eggs by dipping her tail in the water (ovipositing).

Very nice Common Darter, they are quite a colourful small dragon. They do settle and it can be quite easy to get close. Keep an eye out for when they eat as they tend to concentrate on doing one thing, I also saw several at the weekend flying around while copulating which is an interesting trick!! You will also see the female laying eggs by dipping her tail in the water (ovipositing).

Thanks for that jfb, I'll keep my eyes open as they are fascinating things to watch cheers.

Very good shot. Did you use sharpening. There's a tiny bit of over sharpening that I'm seeing but you've captured it very nicely indeed.

Back