Macro Drip

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Hiya All. 1st time here and 1st post. I took this for a Macro comp at a local camera club. Didn't do too well as most thought I had made it in Photoshop.

Comments welcome

drip1.jpg

only comment ive got is nice capture, must be annoying to get a good shot and then have people think its been 'shopped

Thanks for the comments :)

It's happened to me before. This was a comp entry too. Same thing happened, they thought it was done in PS.

winesplash-1.jpg

Hiya. Thanks for the comment.

The only cheat in the picture was I used fruit squash instead of wine :)

It was for a comp titled "Broken"

For the shot I broke the wine glass before hand then hold the glass above the stem, dropped it and took the shot as it hit the table. Took a lot of shots to get a few results. Messy but fun.

Here is another one I managed to get

Winesplash-2.jpg

nice, going to try this when my sigma macro lens and sigma ring flash arrive, may sub the wine (juice) for skittles or m and m's though, dunno why but .............oh yeah so i can eat them after lol

cheers for sharing how you did the shot

Last edited:
I love the wine glass shots. I'm off to break my missus wine glasses :LOL:

TY for all the comments.

CGeezer. I hope your missus wasn't too upset lol..

OP - I think it is a great picture, only comment would be that the drip doe snot look vertical, maybe a slight rotation.

Wine galss shot - what did you use as the flooring for these shots? look sliek a shiny car bonnet!!!

Hiya.

The background for the Wine shots was a thin sheet of white plastic. Seemd to work well and was also easier to clean the wine (Fruit squash) off than the kitchen table...:D

Back