Macro lens and Ring flash advice

Edit My Images
Yes
I have decided to have a go a some Macro photography during the coming year and wish to buy both a good macro lens and a ring flash. This is completely new to me as most of my photography to date has been wildlife using long lenses.

I use Canon gear and the choice of lens that I have in mind is the EF 100mm macro which it seems will allow 1:1 magnification at a reasonable distance, and which gets good reviews.

I have no idea which might be a good choice of ring flash to go with this and would welcome any advice.

Advice on reliable UK outlets offering the best prices would also be welcome.

Thanks. Barry Boswell.

Barry,

If it's going to be any help to you, I've got 5 macro lenses, a twin-lite, ringflash and other associated gubbins. I'm only 3 miles from you and you're very welcome to come and have a look and try them to see what you think will fit your needs the best (all Canon stuff).

Bob

barry boswell.. if i was you i would take your home number down from the post and maybe pm him the details as your asking nuisance calls.

i know most of the people on here are good hearted souls.. but there are guests lurking and eventually the post will be spidered by a search engine and your number will be on google.

Good advice Andy....I've spoken with Barry now and it appears that it's his business number that he's listed.

Bob

Back