macro lens info

Edit My Images
No
had my first go with a macro lens last week and was impressed with the results it was my mates tamron 90mm
i looking to buy a macro lens but would like a longer lenth one
can you tell me what you have and how you rate it
looking for 150 or 180 0r 200mm
cheers

the extra makes it more difficult, but better for insects
i think the sigmas are very good :)

When I had DSLR's I had a Sigma 150mm f2.8 and thought it very good. It's deffo worth looking at IMO.

I love the Sigma 105mm OS, it's what I use. But they are all very good, I don't think there's a bad Macro lens out there.

i looking to buy a macro lens but would like a longer lenth one ... looking for 150 or 180 0r 200mm
cheers
Why do you want a longer one? Do you know that it won't give you any more magnification?

looking for longer lenth so i dont need to get to close for thing like dragon fly's etc

looking for longer lenth so i dont need to get to close for thing like dragon fly's etc
Great. Sorry to ask but some people think that a 150mm or 200mm macro will give you more magnification than a 100mm macro.

Anyway I reckon the Sigma 150mm is worth a look. I've used it and it's excellent. Canon and Sigma make 180mm macros, and Nikon make a 200mm, but they're all very expensive. Tamron make a 180mm which is more affordable but I'm afraid I don't know anything about it.

Great. Sorry to ask but some people think that a 150mm or 200mm macro will give you more magnification than a 100mm macro.

Anyway I reckon the Sigma 150mm is worth a look. I've used it and it's excellent. Canon and Sigma make 180mm macros, and Nikon make a 200mm, but they're all very expensive. Tamron make a 180mm which is more affordable but I'm afraid I don't know anything about it.

im looking at the siggy 150
thanks
Maybe this is a good option? :thinking:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-180...76?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item5421ff7408

I'm not related to the sell, though.
im a bit wary buying from europe i know but im just stuck in my ways
thanks anyway

Hi

Seem to have posted twice see below

Regards
Pete

Last edited:
Hi

I have purchased a lens from these people (German) Prices are good at the moment due to the exchange rate. Most of their lenses are refubished to a very high standard.Very good service. I will certainly use them again.

Regards
Pete

I use the old Sigma 180mm f3.5 (non OS version) and it's an excellent lens ... The one linked to in Germany is much the same without the DG coating. I have bought from them before with no problem, the lens is a good price even as it is but I notice they have best offer on it as well.

Sample shot on my 7D

Last edited:
Back