macro ring flash

Name
andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I know in this world its a case of you get what you pay for but I would like to know if anybody has/used one of the cheap macro ring flash set ups you see on ebay / amazon ,

any comment / opinion would be welcomed

thanks
andy

What do you want to take pictures of because ring flashes are not always the best option?

A friend of mine purchased one, an led ring flash... and it was useless, a torch was better.... Save your money

What do you want to take pictures of because ring flashes are not always the best option?[/QUOTE

mainly my caterpillars , moths ,butterflies and sometimes as a extra light source

andy

The reason I ask is some subjects don't like a ring flash shoved in their face, i had the Sigma unit mentioned above, didnt use it all that much although it was a great unit.

A few ideas here of alternatives

http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2010/12/more-macro-rigs.html

I am not serious about macro so i use a small on-camera flash or the built in one if the camera is so equipped.

Some none ring flash results

P6160042.jpg

P6160051.jpg

P6230061.jpg

The reason I ask is some subjects don't like a ring flash shoved in their face, i had the Sigma unit mentioned above, didnt use it all that much although it was a great unit.

A few ideas here of alternatives

http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2010/12/more-macro-rigs.html

I am not serious about macro so i use a small on-camera flash or the built in one if the camera is so equipped.

Some none ring flash results

View attachment 248332

View attachment 248333

View attachment 248334

thanks for the reply , your macro ate far more serious/stunning than what I take
mine are more of record shots really [see Pics below ] , I should try for more stunning shots really

thanks for replying
andy

Dark Green Fritillary by andy 759, on Flickr

Poplar Hawk by andy 759, on Flickr

Buff Tip by andy 759, on Flickr

lime hawk moth by andy 759, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back