Macro

Name
Jonathon
Edit My Images
No
Question
I have a small canon ixus 132 with 8x Optical . But when i use macro it seems to convert to digital not
Optical can anyone tell me ?

Probably because the maximum magnification of a zoom lens is at the minimum focussing distance at the widest end of the zoom range. So if you try and zoom whilst at maximum magnification and minimum focussing distance the only way the camera can make the image bigger is to digitally zoom.

Page 146 of your camera manual isn't particularly clear about it, but does show the focus distances for macro mode as only applying at the wide end of the zoom range.

Probably because the maximum magnification of a zoom lens is at the minimum focussing distance at the widest end of the zoom range. So if you try and zoom whilst at maximum magnification and minimum focussing distance the only way the camera can make the image bigger is to digitally zoom.

Page 146 of your camera manual isn't particularly clear about it, but does show the focus distances for macro mode as only applying at the wide end of the zoom range.
Thanks?
I will figure it out.

To put it more simply, that camera can't optically zoom in macro mode. But that's not unusual. It would be a rare zoom lens that could. Zooming in reduces the magnification of a zoom lens.

Back