Macros from the bubbletank...

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Long time no post! Now I'm back at home with my beloved mp-e65 I thought it's about time to ressurect the bubbletank, forgot how much fun these were!

5306374417_53bfbb337c_z.jpg

Bigger

5306965734_416af910f7_z.jpg

Bigger

5306966140_a010c1520f_z.jpg

Bigger

Carl

Fantastic shots. :) Really like them, so many inspiring shots this week!

Thanks Tom!
Welcome back Carl, fab shots as always (y)

Cheers Dave, nice to be back with my nearest and dearest... and the wife ;)

Awesome shots Carl :)

Did you get my PM?
Hi Ash, sorry for not replying (back and forth with worky type stuff), I'd totally forgotten about my submission to PP and was rather chuffed to make the Xmas issue. Thanks for the heads up or I would have totally missed it (y)

been looking through the site and although i have found a number of entries using the bubbletank, i haven't found any pictures of the "Bubbletank"

or am i just being blonde?

oooooh - I like these - particularly the last one. Bubble tank looks interesting, might have to give it a whirl myself (y)

I have looked at both images of the bubbletanks put together by you guys but am still at a loss. Do you just put a u shape of silicone on one piece of glass and let it set before clamping on the other piece of glass or do you clamp them together whilst the silicone is not set thereby making a permanent bond. I assume once its all set you then have a very narrow gat at the top to add/change the bubble liquid?:shrug:

I really want to try this but may as well learn from others development :naughty:

I have looked at both images of the bubbletanks put together by you guys but am still at a loss. Do you just put a u shape of silicone on one piece of glass and let it set before clamping on the other piece of glass or do you clamp them together whilst the silicone is not set thereby making a permanent bond. I assume once its all set you then have a very narrow gat at the top to add/change the bubble liquid?:shrug:

I really want to try this but may as well learn from others development :naughty:

My setup is made of two pieces of glass (out of some cheap 6x4 photo frames) permanantly stuck together with a big bead of silicone.... Looks good but impossible to clean...doh!

Robbo cleverly used a piece of aquarium tubing clamped between pieces of glass using bulldog clips which you can take apart and clean :clap:

Cheers Carl, Sounds like I need to get a piece of tube tomorrow :)

EDIT: I got the tube and after messing around trying to get it to stay where I wanted it I had a brain wave. I put a wire coat hanger through the tube, bent it into shape and clamped it all together, job done.. Thanks for the advice.

BubbleTank.jpg

Last edited:
What did you use to colour the water Carl, I tried food dye but not getting the effect I am after ?

Great stuff Carl I've always been a fan of the bubble tank!

Mark - I used food dye and a touch of glycerin when I tried this HTH.

I like them - great images :clap:

What did you use to colour the water Carl, I tried food dye but not getting the effect I am after ?

Aha, let you into a trade secret: use dropper or syringe to add a drop of dye from the top of the foam and let it soak through, that way you get the strongest colours ;)

Great setup BTW, very innovative!

Carl

Hi Ash, sorry for not replying (back and forth with worky type stuff), I'd totally forgotten about my submission to PP and was rather chuffed to make the Xmas issue. Thanks for the heads up or I would have totally missed it (y)

No worries Carl, congrats! (y)

Back