Made a slight b**b

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Loaded a roll of 200 iso C-41 colour process film into the AV-1 yesterday and shot more than half the roll only to realise I've shot it at 400 iso...forgot to adjust the iso setting on camera :bang:

I know it's only one stop but what do I do at deving stage.....Do I push it and if so by how much??

As colour developing is new to me, I don't know how to go on with pull/pushing.

The instructions in the tetenal kit briefly mention about extending times by 30 seconds but at 38°C .....I dev at 30°C !!

As always, your help is much appreciated guys.......

It's neg film, you'll be fine with adding 30s to the dev time.

1 stop on neg film. wouldn'd even worry about it, just process as normal you have so much exposure lattitude.

I'd shoot the rest at ISO200 and just develop it normally. You may not even notice the difference!

Interesting to see there's three slightly different ways of thought.

Atm I'm thinking of leave at 400, finish the film and dev with an additional half minute, however by the time I've slept tonight, I may well choose one of the other routes;

As you can see I'm consistent.......at not being able to make a definite decission!!:D

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'd rather pull half a roll than have to push an entire roll to ISO400.

Either way, I still maintain you probably won't be able to tell. Consumer print film was designed with this in mind.

I'd rather pull half a roll than have to push an entire roll to ISO400.

Either way, I still maintain you probably won't be able to tell. Consumer print film was designed with this in mind.

You're probably right FC2,

I've done a similar mistake with b&w neg film, realising after just a few frames, setting the iso correctly and deving at box speed.
If it wasn't for knowing the first shots were shot a stop out then it wouldn't really be noticable in the end results.

I didn't know if pushing C-41 process would be more "complicated" or not.

Pushing is not any more complex in C-41 - and your C-41 kit should give you specific instructions on a one stop push, if you still desire - but your mistake was 1 stop.

Many old cameras have shutter speeds that are slightly out anyway, often by 1-2 stops (both ways), so it's not a big deal :)

Finish it at 400 and do a little extended development, at least you'll have a nice consistent batch then.

Back