Made the switch from Nikon to Fuji

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Despite the title, I haven't actually got my hands on my new X-T3 as I am in Dublin for the week, but my partner assures me it has arrived safe and sound. I am moving up from a D3400 to the Fuji along with a 16-55 f2.8. I've done my research on the camera and tried one out in store (which I loved) but I wondered whether any one who has used one or other Fuji cameras has any quirks or helpful tips on getting to grips with the camera quickly?

I've read about the issues with RAW files, is this any closer to being addressed by Adobe?

I've read about the issues with RAW files, is this any closer to being addressed by Adobe?

I've used Fuji for 12 months now and haven't encountered any issues, despite reading about said RAW/Adobe issues repeatedly... I wouldn't worry about it.

I used Fuji for 18 months but moved to Sony to last week as I missed full frame.

For the price, the XT3 is a apsc BEAST. Focusing is snapping on the XT3 and the size, weight and shutter sound are amazing.

I found lowering the detail slider right down when sharpening gave a cleaner image. There’s a YouTube video that explains it in more detail, but it makes sense and I found it to work better!

I’ve kept my older XT2 for personal use as I think fuji are the most enjoyable system to use.

I jumped from Canon 2 years ago now. I have a pair of X-T2's, with about 5 or 6 lenses.

I had issues with Adobe with my X-T1, but they have upped their game and I don't have any problems with either LR or PS these days. Some of the Fujista's on the FB pages will slate Adobe, but in truth, they just have no idea how to use such a great tool...

I jumped from Canon 2 years ago now. I have a pair of X-T2's, with about 5 or 6 lenses.

I had issues with Adobe with my X-T1, but they have upped their game and I don't have any problems with either LR or PS these days. Some of the Fujista's on the FB pages will slate Adobe, but in truth, they just have no idea how to use such a great tool...

I find same, anytime I see someone moan about the old issues they'll have over sharpened, gone too heavy on clarity, not done any masking etc. But, I had the xt1 also and it was easier to work with, never had the issue and used to be puzzled in here when people even mentioned it. They were mostly using the xt2 which was just out at the time.

Despite the title, I haven't actually got my hands on my new X-T3 as I am in Dublin for the week, but my partner assures me it has arrived safe and sound. I am moving up from a D3400 to the Fuji along with a 16-55 f2.8. I've done my research on the camera and tried one out in store (which I loved) but I wondered whether any one who has used one or other Fuji cameras has any quirks or helpful tips on getting to grips with the camera quickly?

I am no longer with Fuji, but over my long association with them I never had any issues with Adobe. I would have stayed with Fuji had the X-T3 used the same IBIS as the X-H1, which for some reason I just couldn't get along with.

I am no longer with Fuji, but over my long association with them I never had any issues with Adobe. I would have stayed with Fuji had the X-T3 used the same IBIS as the X-H1, which for some reason I just couldn't get along with.

It took the H1 to lure me back, but had to be the right price - I love the ergonomics, I prefer it to the XT bodies. It has some niggles though, the touch screen is pants, I hoped that would be better, I only needed it to be precise for touch focus, it's not it's fiddly AF! so I actually have it switched off for now to see can I cope without TS - got so used to it after the excellent one on the G80. I also find that G80 had better AF in lower light, which is odd as the H1 has this PDAF that people rave on, where the G80 only had CDAF ... yet was much nippier in my experience :/

Besides those niggles though the H1 is an excellent camera, really enjoying it but cannot say it'll be my forever. In fact these days I don't think any camera out there would be. I don't think there's any real bad choices across the range of mid range to higher end bodies from the last 3-4 years. And I actually think it's easier to switch now more than ever.

If you do love the handling of the XT bodies though, the XT3 has come down in price a fair bit since launch, at least on some sites if you look around. I certainly wouldn't say no to one, and would choose it over any of Nikon's APSC Dslr that's for sure. I don't think I'll ever use a dslr again tbh

Thanks every one for the comments - I've finally had a bit of time to play with it and wow...I'm a bit blown away by the build quality and how customisable it is. It is going to take me a while to figure out where I want everything!

Back